Quick Release Scope Mount???

jimisbell

The idea of a quick release mount for a scope doesnt sound good to me. Dont you risk a loss of accuracy with detachable mounts that cant go back ABSOLUTELY where they came off?

The idea of a quick release mount for a scope doesnt sound good to me. Dont you risk a loss of accuracy with detachable mounts that cant go back ABSOLUTELY where they came off?
I've used QD with several AR15 platforms, and had no discernible zero shift. I also had the same experience with a couple sets of the Warne QD system on bolt rifles.

Thing is, I don't think it's wise to rely on any type of scope mount to return to zero, though in my experience, when properly mounted in the first place, they will.

I am going to use my Savage for LRS so I dont think I want to be screwing around with the mount. An otherwise un-noticeable error would show up big time in two miles

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.