Best Quick Detach scope mount

[/QUOTE]The thing you will notice from the vid is the POI direction changes with each time the scope is removed so its not just a matter recording how much it moves & changing your windage etc & thinking you will be re zero'd as you don't know which way it has moved![/QUOTE]

Two things I notice in the video, one the shooter doesn't set the scope firmly forward on the rail, the other is the levers are way to loose per LaRues own specs. These two things are very likely the cause of the not returning to zero with the LaRue.

The thing you will notice from the vid is the POI direction changes with each time the scope is removed so its not just a matter recording how much it moves & changing your windage etc & thinking you will be re zero'd as you don't know which way it has moved![/QUOTE]

Two things I notice in the video, one the shooter doesn't set the scope firmly forward on the rail, the other is the levers are way to loose per LaRues own specs. These two things are very likely the cause of the not returning to zero with the LaRue.[/QUOTE]

Yep, spot on! LaRue specifies the lever should be resisting at 60 degrees...I find it almost impossible to remove a properly tightened LaRue QD by hand. I use an old toothbrush handle (doesn't mar anything) to lever it up. When I do it by hand, I usually wind up bleeding from a knuckle!

So I would like some feedback on quick detach scope mounts.
I have two rifles a biggame rifle (300win.) a coyote rifle (6x284) and a limited budget. The 300win. only gets used during elk season and the 6x284 the rest of the year. I know that QDmount is probably not good for ELR but I would typically only shoot out to 6-700yds.
So my idea is to buy one scope and move it back and forth as needed.
This is where a quality mount comes in. I'm hoping that the rezero would be repeatable so that it would always be let's say, 5.5moa down and 3.25moa left then just one shot to confirm. Then just reverse that when going back. A simple procedure that could be done in seconds. If it would work then just keep adding rifles and documenting the necessary adjustments to bring it to zero
Maybe my question is, is that kind of repeatability possible?
Have any of y'all tried this? Used QD scope mounts? Which one is the best?

A.R.M.S. 30mm, and inserts for 1-inch tubes.
Shop around for lower price
http://armsmounts.com/shop/scope-rings/a-r-m-s-22-throw-lever-rings-low/

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.