quick question regarding load development

I have two SWFA SS 5-20x50s. One on a .25-06 Ackley that I have shot out past 1360 yards, and one on a .223 24" AR that I shoot to 1K easily.

They are a great scope for the money, and I think they are way overlooked by most people. SWFA customer service is top notch. I think you made a great decision.

From what I have noted on them, my ONLY complaint would be how hard it is to turn the parallax knob and mag ring. I would suggest getting the throw lever and Aadland parallax gripper ring for the parallax knob. I can post up a photo later today if needed.

Aadland Parallax Gripper | SWFA
SWFA SS Switchview Throwlever | SWFA

I have two SWFA SS 5-20x50s. One on a .25-06 Ackley that I have shot out past 1360 yards, and one on a .223 24" AR that I shoot to 1K easily.

They are a great scope for the money, and I think they are way overlooked by most people. SWFA customer service is top notch. I think you made a great decision.

From what I have noted on them, my ONLY complaint would be how hard it is to turn the parallax knob and mag ring. I would suggest getting the throw lever and Aadland parallax gripper ring for the parallax knob. I can post up a photo later today if needed.

Aadland Parallax Gripper | SWFA
SWFA SS Switchview Throwlever | SWFA

thanks lance. I am just glad to be able to figure some of this stuff out. I was just a crosshair guy and guess holdover. Lol. I want to change that.

thanks

Brian

Personally the first thing I would do is put a Jewell trigger in it. Then I would bed the stock, and then if you still wanted to put a break on it. I'm not a fan of breaks though.

Personally the first thing I would do is put a Jewell trigger in it. Then I would bed the stock, and then if you still wanted to put a break on it. I'm not a fan of breaks though.

GTN, I am torn between the jewell or the timney triggers. I see jewell is about 2x as much but wonder if its 2x as good. never shot either one so I am still deciding.

I will be the recoil lug for sure and I will add a Muscle break as I don't mind them at all.

Thanks

Brian

First of all, it's a muzzle BRAKE not a muzzle break. It's unreal how many people can't figure this out.

The stock and trigger really won't have an effect on POI, so work up a load as you would normally. The brake will require some tweaking as others have said, but it will be much more enjoyable to shoot.

The Muscle Brake will do the job just fine, and Centershot is good people. But also check out Shawn Carlock (Defensive Edge) and Kirby Allen (Allen Precision / PK) - all LRH sponsors. I just ordered a brake from Shawn and he's a pleasure to deal with. Can't go wrong with any of them.

First of all, it's a muzzle BRAKE not a muzzle break. It's unreal how many people can't figure this out.

The stock and trigger really won't have an effect on POI, so work up a load as you would normally. The brake will require some tweaking as others have said, but it will be much more enjoyable to shoot.

The Muscle Brake will do the job just fine, and Centershot is good people. But also check out Shawn Carlock (Defensive Edge) and Kirby Allen (Allen Precision / PK) - all LRH sponsors. I just ordered a brake from Shawn and he's a pleasure to deal with. Can't go wrong with any of them.

thanks for the info and the english lessonlightbulb

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.