Questions on 6.5 PRC

Should have looked at the picture first before I responded. Looks like you already have some RL 26. That is some good shooting.
Lucky. Found good spot quick.
Thanks. I have 10 pds. Of RL26, Retumbo, H1000, N570 and N565. Took awhile. I use for 300 Rum also and soon 6.5x284.
Those were unfired ADG cases also on the 6.5 PRC.

Last edited:
Was that 3 shots ? Dang good. If you tell me 5 I'm going to fall off the toilet .
Just a 3 shot group at 125 yards in less than ideal conditions (10-30mph gusty winds up in the mountains). Worst 5 shot group with that load is still under half MOA out to 600 yards though.

Has anyone got a chance to try the new Berger 153.5's yet compared to the 156's? I was planning on loading the 147gr ELD-M for a class but after doing some more research was concerned about the risk of the bullets coming apart around 3000 FPS in a proof 7.5 twist.

So since I have a month I was going to finish my load development with one of the Berger's to avoid the issue entirely and save the 147's for the Creedmoor. Using H1000 since I have over 10 pounds of it.

Has anyone got a chance to try the new Berger 153.5's yet compared to the 156's? I was planning on loading the 147gr ELD-M for a class but after doing some more research was concerned about the risk of the bullets coming apart around 3000 FPS in a proof 7.5 twist.

So since I have a month I was going to finish my load development with one of the Berger's to avoid the issue entirely and save the 147's for the Creedmoor. Using H1000 since I have over 10 pounds of it.
156 good. I just got some 153 5. Haven't tried yet. Haven't even tried 144 I got yet. Picked up some 200.2 gr. 30 cal also. Now I see they have 208 gr. I can't deal with it anymore ! I'm not even keeping up with 7mm. 168 and 175 good enough for me and 105 in 6mm. At least with Hammers I don't have to try a different bullet every month.

I stocked up on 147 grain ELD-M's three years ago for my 6.5 PRC. Never had issues through about a 1000 rounds. Opened a new box/lot number last week. Reduced the powder charge to check velocities. Nine of the 18 shots didn't make it to the target. I called Hornady on May 22, 2020 and was told they had early problems with jackets above 3000 fps on these bullets. They changed the jacket design about two years ago. They offered to exchange my old lot six boxes for new lot bullets. Lot numbers above 200XXXX should be the new jacket according to customer service.

I stocked up on 147 grain ELD-M's three years ago for my 6.5 PRC. Never had issues through about a 1000 rounds. Opened a new box/lot number last week. Reduced the powder charge to check velocities. Nine of the 18 shots didn't make it to the target. I called Hornady on May 22, 2020 and was told they had early problems with jackets above 3000 fps on these bullets. They changed the jacket design about two years ago. They offered to exchange my old lot six boxes for new lot bullets. Lot numbers above 200XXXX should be the new jacket according to customer service.
Thanks, that's really good information!!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.