6.5 PRC load question

My load is 56.4 gr of RL26. I have 100 rounds down a 24" Proof barrel. 3030fps.

Attachments

• 20210302_190843.jpg
    20210302_190843.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 56
As I've said before I'm truly happy for you and do not doubt you at all. For myself I have to go off of what I see with my LabRadar. When I upgraded I kept my Magneto V3 for data checking my Lab. And what I've seen from the Berger Tech gents over the phone is that their max is a real max unlike a lot of manuals that figure in a safety margin for legal purposes. Their numbers are matching what I'm seeing.
Congrats on staying fit. I tell people I don't do it to live longer, I do it so I can enjoy each day more. It will start declining for me as I'm old and have a low grade rare bone cancer. Wife and I just returned from the Mayo Clinic. I sold the last of my horses this spring and a gentleman is coming this afternoon to buy my pack gear at a give-a-way price. The pack saddle & feed bags are stuffed in the large Tupperware in the pic. I'll miss packing friends that don't have horses into the backcountry to get a real wilderness hunt.
God Bless & Stay Safe!

Dont do FB much after watching the documentary "Social Dilemma " on Netflix. Also, after seeing how much they, Twitter, and Google controlled and monopolized the news helping to elect candidates that represent agendas that I'm not in favor of I find it difficult to support them. That's why I'll be using forums like this more in the future.
Aging is not fun. I'm still young. 52, but I feel the injuries and the miles more and more.

As I've said before I'm truly happy for you and do not doubt you at all. For myself I have to go off of what I see with my LabRadar. When I upgraded I kept my Magneto V3 for data checking my Lab. And what I've seen from the Berger Tech gents over the phone is that their max is a real max unlike a lot of manuals that figure in a safety margin for legal purposes. Their numbers are matching what I'm seeing.
Congrats on staying fit. I tell people I don't do it to live longer, I do it so I can enjoy each day more. It will start declining for me as I'm old and have a low grade rare bone cancer. Wife and I just returned from the Mayo Clinic. I sold the last of my horses this spring and a gentleman is coming this afternoon to buy my pack gear at a give-a-way price. The pack saddle & feed bags are stuffed in the large Tupperware in the pic. I'll miss packing friends that don't have horses into the backcountry to get a real wilderness hunt.
God Bless & Stay Safe!

Dont do FB much after watching the documentary "Social Dilemma " on Netflix. Also, after seeing how much they, Twitter, and Google controlled and monopolized the news helping to elect candidates that represent agendas that I'm not in favor of I find it difficult to support them. That's why I'll be using forums like this more in the future.
Sorry to hear about the med issues. I don't FB either. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Sorry to hear about the med issues. I don't FB either. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Absolutely nothing to be sorry about! I respond awesome to treatments. I'm back in the gym working out and may take my paddle board to the lake this evening! The truth is everyone is going to get something, it's just a matter of when. The key is to enjoy each and every day no matter how old you are as tomorrow is promised to no-one

jgs, thank you. I don't want to appear ungrateful. It's just that I feel very blessed. I get awesome medical care at the Mayo Clinic (I recommend them if you ever know someone with a rare or hard to treat illness). I respond great to treatment. And if I listed everything I have to be grateful for I would be writing all evening & night. Thank you and God Bless!

Last edited:
Congratulations on the speed you get out of such a short barrel. A short barrel is nice to carry around hunting or just playing with targets. They really are a pleasure. Due to being so physically fit and having a lot of strength (weight lifting) I have never cared if a rifle was a little heavy. I'm an old man now & it becomes more difficult to maintain the same level of fitness. If I thought I could get 2900 fps with 156s out of a 22" barrel I would rebarrel that way next time. I can only go off of what I see & I don't see it happening for me. I'm also sticking with Bartlein due to my history of always getting excellent quality. I also understand losing speed just means a few extra clicks, but when you pay for a custom you should get what makes you happy & I like speed.
I'm very happy you have the results you have. I'm not doubting you, but based on what I see with the slower burning powders I would never get what you see. Congrats to you on your rifle & best wishes to you moving forward.
Lynn
I have a 22" proof cf with a sr3 SA. This pic was just a quick ladder with the 5th shot @ 2872fps with 57gr H1000, adg virgin brass, BR2 primer and Berger 156 eol. No pressure at all and it was around 85 deg out. So it's possible I'm sure.
2DEE6496-517F-476F-A3AB-11F42B76954C.jpeg

Last edited:
Shot this yesterday with the 131 Hammer Hunter. No pressure. 56.8 RL26, ADG, 22" proof, 7.5 twist, just over 1/2 MOA. 80 degrees out. Running suppressed.

Attachments

• 47883A1B-6A93-4BD9-8F59-968584219CBD.jpeg
    47883A1B-6A93-4BD9-8F59-968584219CBD.jpeg
    301.7 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Another quick ladder with n560 and 135 classic hunter. Stopped @ 58gr. Slight ejector mark on virgin brass but it was also suppressed and 90 degrees out. 22" proof barrel.

Attachments

• CDD41AD2-BD84-4802-AA03-1FDE55AA183D.jpeg
    CDD41AD2-BD84-4802-AA03-1FDE55AA183D.jpeg
    198.8 KB · Views: 54
This was 58.2gr N560 with 135 Berger. .641-.254=.377 I'm going to play with seating depth a little and maybe back down as well.
Edit: 90 degrees out supressed

Attachments

• 0AEA3934-A53D-4CD6-BD93-EF98DB2270C9.jpeg
    0AEA3934-A53D-4CD6-BD93-EF98DB2270C9.jpeg
    138 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Another quick ladder with n560 and 135 classic hunter. Stopped @ 58gr. Slight ejector mark on virgin brass but it was also suppressed and 90 degrees out. 22" proof barrel.
I run 57.8 n560 with a 135 A Tip. 58 is just a touch on the higher end. 58 RL 26 is my pet load for the 135A. In the 22" proof both of those run 3100 with sd around 3-5 and es in the 15 and less range over many many sessions. It's funny how some people get all weird about proof barrels but I have yet to see or experience a bad one, and many of us run them. They seem to run top tier on the speed and accuracy is exactly what you expect out of a custom barrel.

Having said that, I put my 18" xcaliber carbon on yesterday and need to get it broke in. I bore scoped that barrel and am seriously impressed with the polish. One of the cleanest bores I've ever seen. My hope is that it runs within100 fps of the proof and will send those 135's at 3000. Right now, I am just going to run my pet loads for the 143 for finishing the break in etc. In the proof they run 3020 with 56.5 rl 26.