Questions about Dillon?

That's nothing.....I had a used 550 (the ones without lube points) and after many years of use the linkages started galling. I wrote asking to purchase new linkage arms and they sent me a complete set along with the alignment tool (shown in the upper right corner of my photo) at no cost to me.
They will always get my vote.
That was the 1 without the zerts, but the 2nd 550 has them. Maybe bought it 5 or 6 years ago.

Here's what I've done for my stands and toolheads. PVC and wooden dowels that cost about 6 bucks each.

Attachments

• 20240102_165249.jpg
    20240102_165249.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 30
I changed all my Dillon throwers to the DAA short bar, the detent screw adjustment seems to work well. Mainly 9mm, 223, and 300 BLK on a 650.

For some things though I use a powder-thru die and dump from my Auto Trickler V4 into the case on the press . Not sure excactly which one I have but one like these:

I've seen the toolhead knockoffs. However, I was talking about the powder measure. I'll probably start with swapping it between the toolheads at first.
You don't have to get a knock off, Whidden makes a floating die head that is a solid upgrade over the Dillon head for more precise work.

I changed all my Dillon throwers to the DAA short bar, the detent screw adjustment seems to work well. Mainly 9mm, 223, and 300 BLK on a 650.

For some things though I use a powder-thru die and dump from my Auto Trickler V4 into the case on the press . Not sure excactly which one I have but one like these:

You don't have to get a knock off, Whidden makes a floating die head that is a solid upgrade over the Dillon head for more precise work.
Those cost more than the Dillon's. I bought a powder thru also for doing different charge weights and also have a manual throw adapter for the rcbs thrower. I don't have the area419, but do have the lyman
1704236917727.png