Question on 7mm RUM and Elk hunting

[ QUOTE ]
Lerch,

Sect. Dens for both bullets as follows:

160 gr. 7MM Accubond 0.283
200 gr. 30 Cal Accubond 0.301

From all the listed Sec. Dens for available accubond bullets from 25 cal. to 0.375 cal. the 30 cal. 180 gr. accubond is the one with the very highest Sec. Dens and BC.
Check them out: http://www.nosler.com/chartaccubond.html

[/ QUOTE ]

Sd for the 200 grain is .301,and bc is .588-the 180 sd. is .271 and bc is .507.I do not understand your statement where you say that the 180 is the highest.The link that you posted shows the 200 being higher. A typo maybe?

jwp475,
I stand corrected, I was talking originally of the 200 gr. and that's the one I was referring to. 200 gr. Accubond and not the 180. Thanks for the correction!

Thanks for the reply guys, I actually went into a local gunshop here after work yesterday and ordered a Model 700 .300 RUM, Leupold VX-3 4.5-14 x50mm, lightening trigger to 2lbs and a bi-pod for now... Unfortunately I have the california 10 wait time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Go with the 300. It's "cooler" as in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gifand thumps on both ends a bit more than the 7. But either one is good for the job.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.