Question...How to remove elev. turret on a Bushnell 6500 Elite Scope

Beaver10

I have several Bushnell 6500 Elite scope that have been used as set/forget optics on some varmint rigs...I recently saw that Kenton Industries makes a dialing turret for the 6500 Elite scopes.

But, I can't figure out how to remove the OEM turret, so that it could be replaced. Anyone have an idea on how to take it off?

There aren't the typical 3 set screws to loosen the dial turret. After you remove the cap. The turret is exposed and you can dial with it. Once dialed, you can lift the turret up and spin it back to zero, pushing the turret down, will lock it into it's new zero.

I need to remove the turret out of the turret housing. Supposedly it can be down per Kenton, but no assistance with removing it was given.

I'm just not ready to start pulling and twisting blindly without a little assistance.

Anyone have familiarity with this, and could offer input of how to remove, so I can replace it with a Kenton turret?
D070E493-7B81-4E2A-AE2F-C2C2556C9682.jpeg
4072B76D-5843-4C4A-9F9B-C425B38DBA83.jpeg
338FD7D7-0E0E-48A4-9DBF-CDA0A771DDF4.jpeg

Thanks in advance....

Carefully try this: With the turret cap pushed down, see if the the top of the turret cap (the knurled part) will unthread from the rest of the cap. I have a weaver scope that does that but I don't have a Bushnell 6500.

They come off, there's an o-ring that's very sticky that you have to overcome, I had to lift slowly on either side of the turret with two plastic flat picks. It slowly lifts.