Bushnell Elite 6500 turret adjustment??

Topshot

Bushnell 2.5-16x42mm Elite 6500 Riflescope

I am looking at this scope and see it has a push - pull turret adjustment. What does this mean?

I have never seen one so if someone could explain it to me it would be great.

Is this a good scope for LR hunting?

It still has caps. Once you take the cap off, you pull the turret out to adjust windage or elevation. Then you push it back down to lock it in place.

It still has caps. Once you take the cap off, you pull the turret out to adjust windage or elevation. Then you push it back down to lock it in place.

That's incorrect ! I have that scope .Remove the scope caps twist the knobs to what you want. Then pull them up and rotate the zero back to the zero mark on scope body.Then push down to lock your setting not the reticles.

Thanks for the help.

I don't like the sound of having to remove the caps prior to dialing up the scope. Too much mucking about and the risk of loosing the scope caps in the heat of the hunt.

I just ordered the 2.5-16x42 Bushnell 6500 Tactical model with the target turrets and Mil dot reticle. Hate the mil dot reticle with a vengence but with no other option will have to learn to live with it.

Anyone use this scope? what do you think of it for a LR dial up scope.

That's incorrect ! I have that scope .Remove the scope caps twist the knobs to what you want. Then pull them up and rotate the zero back to the zero mark on scope body.Then push down to lock your setting not the reticles.

Yes, sorry about that. I didn't have it in my hand and was trying to rely on my feeble memory.:)

Thanks for the help.

I don't like the sound of having to remove the caps prior to dialing up the scope. Too much mucking about and the risk of loosing the scope caps in the heat of the hunt.

I just ordered the 2.5-16x42 Bushnell 6500 Tactical model with the target turrets and Mil dot reticle. Hate the mil dot reticle with a vengence but with no other option will have to learn to live with it.

Anyone use this scope? what do you think of it for a LR dial up scope.

I have the Mildot 4.5x30x50MM. Just ignore the dots. Mil dot scopes are just a gimmick for most shooters. There designed for man size targets and applying specific calculations on 12 power in a 2nd focal plane scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.