Bushnell 6500 turret question

youngtrout

Well, picked up a 6500 4.5-30. Waiting on some rings but fit and finish looks goods

I do have a question for those of you who own one, it sure seems too easy to pop the turrets up to reset a zero, so easy in fact it has me a little worried about bumping them up under adjustment. These are not the exposed tactical turrets, they are under the cap. Anyway to tighten them up? Adjustment seems smooth, just takes very little pressure to to pop the top so to speak

All that said, I'm going to wait to see how the scope does in a box test, but if it's a keeper I'm looking at adding a elevation turret anyway, it's a mildot, so the plan would be either dial or use mil for windage.

Anyway, I've googled it but can I get the bushnell tactical turret? My searching just brought up Kenton industries. Don't mind that either but I'm unsure how I'd remove the existing cap anyway?

Thanks, scope is new to me, just wondering it this is typical on the re-zero and turret options

Well I cleared up the Kenton issue. Can't be done, tac turrets only.

Still no biggie, don't mind unscrewing a cap. Same question though on the ease the zero

Also, any avenues to get the turret changed to a tac?

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.