Question About Stress In Action After Bedding

If the barreled action was supported at the end of the stock and on the tang that is the only place to secure it while it sets up. If you taped or strapped it down in the middle it flexed the action. Redo only don't tie it down anywhere it is not supported and that should only be at the tang and at the end of the stock. I bed the pillars and the whole action in one step. Bedding the front lug tight is perfectly fine on Weatherby's.

Marine Tex is ready to shoot in 48 hours. When cured in the safe at 72 degrees I have shot them the next day. 12 hours. Leave a thick gob on your mixing plate to test for amount cured. When in doubt or if there is no hurry cure it as long as you want. The Hoover Dam is still curing.

I sent this PM to another member but I figured I would pick yalls brain as well....

riddle me this.....
i didnt everything correct. Waited 4 days before torquing the action screws (45 in/lb). No movement in stock. I did this a couple of times to verify. I did my final cleaning of the action and barrel and torqued her up last night only to find movement in the stock!!!!!! It doesnt make sense to me. Any clues? I used JB Weld to bed each time. My previous rifle I used Devcon but ran out so I decided to try JB Weld

It still doesnt make sense to me why the action would be stress free on days 4, 5, & 6 but all of a sudden have movement on day 7 after i cleaned & oiled

Are you using any tape around the action and stock while bedding cures?

If you are, you're putting stress on the stock as it cures.

Yes I am. Thats how Ive done others without issues
It still doesnt make sense to me why it would be stress free for several days after the bedding material has fully cured,then all of a sudden have stress......

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.