Question About Odd Find in Pistol Ammo

The ones that were pushed back into the case were likely from repeated chambering from a loaded Mag. After a few cycles, it will generally push it far enough back that it should be removed and used for practice.

I'm thinking maybe the foam was placed inside the empty case before seating the bullet in an attempt to prevent bullet setback into the case over repeated feeding drills. If there is no primer, then this round was possibly assembled to be used as a dummy round for malfunction drills. In this case you say that it had a live primer. I can't imagine what the foam is doing in there.

I'm thinking maybe the foam was placed inside the empty case before seating the bullet in an attempt to prevent bullet setback into the case over repeated feeding drills. If there is no primer, then this round was possibly assembled to be used as a dummy round for malfunction drills. In this case you say that it had a live primer. I can't imagine what the foam is doing in there.
To get the bullet stuck in the barrel. For the second one to push it out. It kind of makes your barrel bend or explode. Did that once in a 1911. Missed the powder in one load. Push the bullet into the barrel. Didn't think much about it until the I fired the second round. Then the light came on. Still got the barrel somewhere. A reminder in being stupid. I was glad somebody was holding my sign "STUPID" :rolleyes:😁