Que Muzzle Brake?

Fotis

Please tell me bout this brake. I know how it works (basically like the BOSS system) but for the life of me I do not know how it mounts on the rifle barrel.

Can it be removed fr storage and then remounted? I know you do not need to alter or thread the barell. Any helpl please?

POP,
This brake is held on with a collet which clamps the brake to the barrel. Yes, it can be removed and reinstalled but will most likely need to be retuned when reinstalled unless you keep your rotation and depth the same. this style brake can be prone to sliding and marring your barrel if the collet is not tightened properly . They claim up to 40% recoil reduction, this would be in an ideal situation such as a .243 with 55gr. bullets. This brake will not be as efficient as most hole style brakes and won't come close to a baffle style brake.To the best of my knowlede they use a large hole through the brake for a "one size fits all" calibers. Which also reduces the efficiency of this brake,especially for smaller calibers. Another reason I would shy away from this brake is that in most cases the outside of the barrel is not true with the inside of the barrel. Which will cause the brake to pull off more gas on one side than the other.

also for the price you could just about have any brake custom fit to your barrel with a thread cap for the times the brake is off the gun, and it will not need tuning.

I am in no way frowning on the quality or price of this brake,I'm just saying it is what it is.

When I install a brake on a barrel the bore of the barrel is dialed in to +/- .0001 thus when the brake is installed the hole in the brake is running true with the bore.
Also on the brakes I make the hole through the brake is .020-.030 over the bullet diameter.

The reason I don't give any recoil reduction percentages is that it varies so much with cartridge,caliber and bullet weight.

just my 2cents.
308nate

[ QUOTE ]
Please tell me bout this brake. I know how it works (basically like the BOSS system) but for the life of me I do not know how it mounts on the rifle barrel.

Can it be removed fr storage and then remounted? I know you do not need to alter or thread the barell. Any helpl please?

[/ QUOTE ]
POP,
how many times can you wear out your welcome???,
stay on the other side of the Campfire and leave the good people here alone. dribble elsewhere PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
UB

Well now that wasen't nice uncleB , I recon you and POP have some sort of differance of oppinion on another board.

Anyway , I've seen one on a gun but never shot it , like Nate said it used a collet to clamp it on. I think that for the money its a waste if you looking for a brake but if your looking for a way to try to get some specific load to shoot them it might be worth somthing.

If you reload and you try to work on an accurate load while dicking with the barrel vibrations then your gonna be chasing your tail , been their done that with a Browning and P.O.S. Boss thing they have , its great for the guy that doesen't reload but you can tune your loads if you do.

JDJones,
You may not know of POP but he is a traitor on this site and has NEVER shown himself to be trustworthy, SHUN & be done.
UB
ps If you check out his post's here and his post's on his other site's like 24hour campfire, he is only here so he can stick it to us someplace else, he is vermin lower than a coyote's belly

Thnk you for your response. The only appealing feature about this brake is the fact you can remove it without altering the rifle barrel. The proposed brake is going on my baby which is relatively rare. After reading all this I guess thi is not even worth it. Thanx again!

UncleB :
A.G.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.