PSA Pa10 review

Thebear_78

After watching the daily deal for a few weeks I saw a deal on PSA Pa10 with 18" key mod upper for 550 cobined with 189 dollar blem lowers. I figured for under 750 it was pretty hard to pass up. First things I swapped out the factory buttstock and pistol grip for a set of magpul and swapped the stock trigger with a Giessele SD-C. The rifle looked great, even being a blem lower I couldn't find anything wrong with it. I mounted a 6x42 Milquad SWFA Super Chicken in DNZ freedom reaper bases.

The rifle functioned great. Everything worked like it was supposed to. It dropped brass consistantly at 2 o'clock position in a relatively small area. It fed well and locked open on empty magpul 10 and 20 round magazines.

Accuracy was decent. It started excellent with first 3 shots clustered into a sweet little .5" group at 100 yards. I only tested two loads to start. Some PMC 147gr FMJ for function testing and PPU 168gr Match. The PPU ammo is cheap but has proven to be accurate in several other rifles. 5 shot groups at 100 yards were consistantly in the 1.25-1.5". I only shot three 5 shot 200 yard targets, best was just over 2.5" the worse was 3.25", I shot several 300 yard groups, They were very consistant 3x5" groups showing a greater vertical variance. It won't be winning any bench rest competitions but for what it is I was very pleased. Definately showing some great potential.

Just ordered my PSA blem lower, Upper and bolt carrier group from PSA. Planning on building an 18" 243. Hope it all works out

I'm glad that your worked out. I have a buddy who bought PSA blem lowers and visually they looked perfect. What the blem was, the the take down pin holes were 1-2 thousands of an in off. We ended up sanding the anodized paint off in the holes to assemble them and they are still so tight that you have to use a punch to knock them back out. Maybe with time and use they will loosen up

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.