Proof sendero light vs #3 brux

McMillan use to list the max as a #5 for a Game Scout but the last time I asked them they said a Rem. Varmint contour would fit, which is pretty close to the same as a Sendero Lite. I've build stupid accurate rifles on both Sendero Lite barrels and #3 Brux barrels so it's more of the look your trying to achieve at that point.

Just curious about how much trouble it was squeezing that Proof barrel into the Game Scout stock. McMillan and several gunsmiths said no to this idea.

A couple people have said this, but I have had no problems with it. I don't think a regular Sendero would fit, but the Sendero light fits fine.

I have a Proof barrel on a .308. I like it well enough, it shoots OK. What I like best about the Proof barrel is when I am at the range. It throws off heat much faster than my steel barrels ... which is nice when target shooting. If it were not for the advantage on the range I would not bother spending the money on a CF barrel.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.