Proof Research sendero lite vs. #4 contour

laker

Planning my next rifle build. Will either be a 30 nosler or 300 rum and I'm debating between going with a proof research sender light or going with a #4 brux. Having never been around the proof barrel does the carbon wrap seem to scuff and scratch pretty easy? I had a Christenson arms carbon barrel and it seemed like if you looked at it wrong it would scuff. Is the proof sender lite worth the extra $400 over the brux? Gun will be an all around hunting rifle from the flat lands to the mountains.

Mine has seen some really rough use and looks like new. Here is a video you will like and will answer how durable they are.

You'll have to look and decide whether there is a weight savings and if that and the carbon look is worth the extra $$$ As far as accuracy is concerned my Proof barrel is extremely accurate and I've been looking at picking up another for my next build once I decide what I'm building.

Last edited:
Mine has seen some really rough use and looks like new. Here is a video you will like and will answer how durable they are.

You'll have to look and decide whether there is a weight savings and if that and the carbon look is worth the extra $$$ As far as accuracy is concerned my Proof barrel is extremely accurate and I've been looking at picking up another for my next build once I decide what I'm building.

That's impressive

I just built two Carbon Rifles . Going to put them through the test shortly !
338 Rum 30 " Benchmark Carbon
338 Edge 30 " full Proof Carbon
20190203_133841.jpg

Last edited:
Planning my next rifle build. Will either be a 30 nosler or 300 rum and I'm debating between going with a proof research sender light or going with a #4 brux. Having never been around the proof barrel does the carbon wrap seem to scuff and scratch pretty easy? I had a Christenson arms carbon barrel and it seemed like if you looked at it wrong it would scuff. Is the proof sender lite worth the extra $400 over the brux? Gun will be an all around hunting rifle from the flat lands to the mountains.

I have a 300 RUM with Defiance Action, Manners Stock and Proof Sendaro contour. I use a 230 Gr Burger Target bullet, 88 grains Retumbo and get a MV of 3000 fps. I use a Thunderbeast suppressor and Schmidt & Bender 3-27X56 Scope.

I primarily use the rifle for hunting (Elk, Antelope and Mule Deer). The two longest kill shots I've made were an antelope doe (830 yards) and cow elk (875 yards) - both mitigation permits.

I also use the rifle to shoot steel and regularly shoot to a mile. My friend will use the rifle in the Milk Jug Challange in Price Utah.

I carry the rifle everywhere in the mountains up and down steep hills with snow (snowshoes) and without snow. The barrel shows no material signs of wear.

I love this rifle. I've built 6 or 7 rifles and this one is by far the best. I've built rifles with Brux, Kreigger, Hart and Bartlin barrels. The Proof is as accurate or more accurate than any barrel I've used (with same contour). I will always seek to build a rifle with a Proof barrel first depending on the application (particularly if I am carrying). I think my next rifle build will be a 416 Barrett for King of 2 Mile. Clearly, Proof is not the appropriate barrel.

If you are trying to select between Proof contours, given how light Proof barrels are, I would always go bigger because there isn't a material weight Penalty. Good luck with your build!

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.