Proof lite sendero vs proof sendero

One is lighter, the other more rigid. Anything in 6.5mm and down go sendero lite, 7mm and above go full sender for all around performance. If absolute lightest weight is priority stick the the lite contour all out. If rigidity is #1vs weight, use the sendero.

I have a .280AI w. 26" Proof Sendero light that shoots in the .2s. No sweat.

I have a 6CM w. 24" Proof Sendero that shoots in the .2s. No sweat.

I just ordered new barrel for my 6.5 SLR. 22" 1:8" Proof Sendero light.

I will be ordering a new barrel for my 6.5SS this fall. 24" 1:7.5" Proof Sendero.

I have shot probably 12-14 rifles with Proof barrels. Both Sendero Light and Sendero contours. From 20" to 26". From 6CM to 6.5SS to 7RM to 28 Nosler to .300RUM to .338 Edge. All have shot fantastic.

Last edited:
I have been a long time lurker here, just officially signed up, I came across this thread and wanted to add to it. I have had great success with proof and hardy engineering carbon barrels. Sendero, full bull profiles. As far as a difference between them I think you would be hard pressed to find one at the end of the day. They all shoot very well, so well I have slowly switched out all of my bartleins and Douglas barrels to them. Not because Douglas or bartlein aren't accurate, because they are, I achieve the same or better accuracy with a third of the weight. For hunting purposes, I'll take that everyday.
22 creedmor, 338lm in Aiax, 6.5cm hardy barrel, LRI 22 cm and 308win.
20181208_151254.jpg
IMG_20180329_161252403.jpg
IMG_20170818_161105743_HDR.jpg
20181214_150705.jpg

To each their own, every barrel has a specific use. Cant go wrong with a rifle that shoots bug holes, no matter what it's made from.

if you look up the barrel weight calculator youre looking at maybe 2-4 ounces difference in weight. The shorter the barrel and larger the bore the less difference as there is less carbon wrap

For the bore yeah, but there is a proportionate reduction for each in the steel as you get shorter, that is not proportionate for the carbon.

Shouldn't have implied a change in carbon amounts for bore size, sorry not what I meant.

Is that "TAC Moola"? Looks like the exact stock I just ordered for my 6.5 SLR.
PRS2 in Tac Moola
Swapping my 28" Bartlein Sendero for a 22" Proof Sendero Light
Swapping my Kahles K624i for a S&B PMII 3-20×50 US.
Should be very similar to this when done.

If you have any samples of Coyote Tan Cerakote, any way you could check it with the tan in that stock please?

Its sage flats I believe. Got it from core a few months ago before they switched.

The tan in that stock looks tan on the website but in person it has much more gold to it. Its looks good but definitely not a desert sand tan like my hardy barreled 700 I posted up above.

Thanks for the compliments

I have been a long time lurker here, just officially signed up, I came across this thread and wanted to add to it. I have had great success with proof and hardy engineering carbon barrels. Sendero, full bull profiles. As far as a difference between them I think you would be hard pressed to find one at the end of the day. They all shoot very well, so well I have slowly switched out all of my bartleins and Douglas barrels to them. Not because Douglas or bartlein aren't accurate, because they are, I achieve the same or better accuracy with a third of the weight. For hunting purposes, I'll take that everyday.
22 creedmor, 338lm in Aiax, 6.5cm hardy barrel, LRI 22 cm and 308win.
View attachment 123159 View attachment 123161 View attachment 123162 View attachment 123163

To each their own, every barrel has a specific use. Cant go wrong with a rifle that shoots bug holes, no matter what it's made from.

Does anyone know what the stock model and color is on the rifle second from the bottom?