problem with angle indicator.

timeless61

I was shooting over the weekend, and the angle indicator seemed to fall apart on me.. the picatinny mount is fine, the outter circle which holds the needle and numbers slides into the channel on the mount, mine came loose and now slides in and out of the channel freely. what broke, or what was there holding it together? thanks for any help.

It does not have any markings on it, it looks to be either Nightforce or the Sniper Tools ACI. it is degrees, not cosign.

the only thing I can thnk of is maybe the screws that go through the mount to hold it to the rail push the indicator out and make it tight on the bracket, but they do not stick out past the metal on the mount, again just not sure how it was supposed work, I did not put it on or together initially.

timeless61:

The only way that the ACI could possibly have come loose in the channel, is if it is not mounted correctly. There is a small hole that goes through the Picatinny rail mount. This is where the small screw that came with your ACI goes through the Picatinny rail mount and screws into the base of the ACI. Once the screw is in there, it will hold the ACI in place. It is highly unlikely that the screw will ever come loose, at least I have never seen or heard of it happening.

If you have a Badger Picatinny rail mount and cannot locate your mounting screw, you will need to contact Badger Ordnance to obtain a new one. Their information is as follows:

Badger Ordnance
1141 Swift St.
N.Kansas City, MO 64116

ph.: (816) 421-4956
fax: (816) 421-4958
[email protected]

okay, screw did come loose on the ACI then, there was no screw.

it was on there for awhile, and just came loose last sunday.

other screws have come loose, the thumbwheels for stock come loose after firing a few shots, and I had a problem with rings moving in the base a couple weeks ago, i will not have that problem anymore though.

anyone with the ACI or nightforce, what is the screw size and thread? thanks

timeless61: The Mount screw should not come loose... and the Body's screw, on the side of the ACI must be tightened to 5" lbs., no less and no more.

something came loose, it was on there for more than a year with no problems.

the slotted screw has not been touched, and that appears to be fine, the small screw that goes in from the mount side to the back of the actual indicator appears to be missing.

but the back of my indicator, did not appear to be threaded in the center. I may just have not looked at it very close and I do not have it in front of me now.

no one knows what dimensions and threads that little screw is that came loose and fell out?

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.