Primers

Ralphy

Playing with Accubond 150 gr. and 162 gr ELDs. Any preference or experiences good or bad with various primers??

The only real primer related problems I've ever had was with some CCI's. They were too thin and too brittle causing frequent failures including blowing through the firing pin hole.

One of the companies I have bought factory ammo from for years ran into the exact same issue with a bad batch of CCI primers costing them a whale of a load of money replacing ammo for people.

The only problem I've ever had with the Federal 210 or 215's is finding them. I haven't been able to find a reliable source for them in probably a decade.

I burned through a thousand CCI bench rest primers each year for the past three years. Only had one pierced primer - which I take the blame for.
This was apparently just one batch that was bad and it was four or five years ago, maybe even longer.

CCI recognized the problem and replaced the ones they'd sold to DT and replaced 2,000 for me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.