Primer pockets primers hard to get in.

I've had issues also it was from loaded ammo shot to reload brass it was fed primers and Hornady brass

There are tools that uniform your pockets. Lots of handloaders that re-use mill spec brass with crimped pockets use them.....me I'm cheep so I use a lee chamfer tool! A couple spins with this allows the primer a good alignment and smooth entry!

Exactly, I experienced the same thing (see earlier post). Any idea why they do that ?
Same experience with Hornady Whitetail ammo in .308. The primer was VERY hard to seat on that same once fired ammo. That is when I bought my Lyman Primer Pocket Uniformer, and cured the problem.

Last edited:
I use one of these rocket looking RCBS deburring tools to remove any primer pocket lip or crimp from cases that had military primers.

rc_09348-deburringtool.jpg
I wouldn't use this-- no control over the size pocket you are creating. Use a tool, such as Lyman's, to "uniform" the pockets.

I wouldn't use this-- no control over the size pocket you are creating. Use a tool, such as Lyman's, to "uniform" the pockets.
I'd use it very lightly just to trim off any burrs that might be there IF I had a problem. Same with using it to chamfer the case mouth; just very light pressure. I've not used it to deburr primer pockets in a very long time.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.