Primer pocket test forthcoming.

Don't break the handle! o_O I hear that is a thing!:eek:
Never had a problem with mine. Some people are putting their weight down on the handle in a misguided effort to crush the primers. This is the number one problem with it. Take the time to prep your primer pockets and be realistic about crush. Measure your case primer pocket depth and the primer height. It's easy. Then adjust the tool to conform. If your pocket is .127 deep and the primer is .127 high, your going to hit bottom real quick. You will be lucky to get .002 crush. Wanting to get much more crush may come back on you. If you push it, you'll have issues. Common sense. I had to uniform lots of my cases to get what I needed in pocket depth.

Broke mine twice, i cant even get a free one to replace it lol my grandpa is darryl hollands neighbor. I run the primal now. I notice a difference but mostly in the ergonomics of priming when doing a lot. But es sd is lower for me
I just have trouble putting out $675 for a primal rights. I'm not a pro. I get no sponsor money. I'm just a simple guy wanting to enjoy a little shooting and reloading.

Me either i just simply like having the best equipment for anything i do. Just ergonomically its hard to beat.
I want the best equipment. And would like to have the money to do the same. But I just can't justify it with my family responsibilities. To me, $675 is more than I can afford. Let the pros have it. They get sponsor money to help pay for it.

Yeah I saw it. In my case,all primers are the same height. I thought I would cover it from the angle of not how much crush they have vs how deep the case pockets were. I am seating all primers at the same depth regargless of actual crush achieved. I anticipate issues. But i want to see myself. Might be the same result but I will find out. Stay tuned....
I seat mine like you my hand priming tool is depth controllable It never moves. I try for .004 below the case head. I don't know how much it varies for me but that's how I've been doing it, whether it's me, or my primers some days are just better than others.

You may be able to find a difference.

Because of slight length of pocket depths and primer depth, I am a firm believer of seating to bottom of pocket
plus adding one or two thousand of crush. With the indicator attached to my K&M hand primer, I've had excellent results.

We may find you discovering a new method. Let us know.
Both of my test cases will have primer touching the bottom. But the cases have different depth. One at .127 and one at .130. We'll see.

I seat mine like you my hand priming tool is depth controllable It never moves. I try for .004 below the case head. I don't know how much it varies for me but that's how I've been doing it, whether it's me, or my primers some days are just better than others.
I know what you mean. When I load for my bolt gun I set depth at .002-.003. My AR 308 has .003-.005 depth. Can't deal with the possible slam fire. Haven't had one yet, but its said that its only a matter of time. My arthritis won't let me hand prime anymore. Days gone by....

Last edited: