Primer crush…does it matter?

No it doesn't matter.
As for me... don't have the equipment to even test it if it does matter
So you're posting a theoretical opinion derived from reading the work of others as a statement of fact despite having no firsthand experience with the subject matter?

I'm sick of arguing. Believe what you want.
Don't take it too hard, apparently some of the horses have decided that they don't need water before they've even been led to it.

To paraphrase an old movie:

In the absence of genuine leadership, the people will listen to anyone who steps up to the microphone. They want leadership. They're so thirsty for it they'll crawl through the desert toward a mirage, and when they discover there's no water, they'll drink the sand.

But the real issue is people don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.

Last edited:
So IMHO the two tests are different starting their starting reference points. So after careful analysis of both claims, I like other said, will continue to seat mine by feel "slighlty below the case head." But I did enjoy the statistical analysis part.

So you're posting a theoretical opinion derived from reading the work of others as a statement of face despite having no firsthand experience with the subject matter?
This is what people do now. They are so accustomed to it, they don't even know a different way.

Don't take it too hard, apparently some of the horses have decided that they don't need water before they've even been led to it.
No worries. If I could have deleted my post, I would have. Sometimes it's nice for me to remember I built the CPS for myself. I didn't care if anyone was going to buy it. Those that own it, love it, and would replace it in a heartbeat if they lost it. I know for a fact that primer seating depth testing matters, and matters a lot. Every single person I've heard from that has implemented primer testing as I subscribe, has reported back with positive results. All of them, to the man.

It's very telling that the only people speculating on it, don't own a CPS or haven't done any proper testing. lol 🤣
I'm sad for the rest, but it isn't my job to get them to adhere to truth.

As I said, I'm done arguing. Fact: I've developed the most complete primer seating methodology and most capable priming equipment in existence. I'm thankful to have received the gifts that allowed me to do it. That's enough for me. I don't need validation from everyone. I already have validation from thousands of people, and more every day. That's way more than most people ever get. So I thank those rational, intelligent, and kind people that have given me your support.

I don't think I saw anyone mention videos on Erik Cortina forum, the only objective evidence I have seen for seating depth of primer effect on accuracy. I know that is not exactly what OP mentioned but many others did. Slightly different takes on a similar topic. Based on limited sample size so far he indicates yes. Now how many of us can reach the shooting level to take advantage and see that???? I don't plan on going down this road anytime soon but I enjoy seeing real data and quality experiments. If I was competing at BR or F Class high levels I've seen enough I'd likely drink the cool aide.

Another variation I would be interested in is with "normal" priming tools how much variation of depth do you get? Or said another way, a blind test with typical priming methods against Primal Rights dialed in to optimal setting. Just because you are not using a tool that measures seating depth does not mean it is impossible to be consistent and in the right range. At least I have not seen the data to support either argument.

JB

Just remember, science be danged, the earth is flat where you're standing and from that vantage point the sun does revolve around the earth, regardless of what those skirt wear Greeks said a billion years ago!

Humor, it's a terrible curse on humanity.

I got verly energetic seating primers for a Marlin .450Marlin. Seated them too hard with a little dimple in the top. Had to take all 50 apart as the pin would only light strike the primer and FTF. I now am seating flush with brass on all calibers I load for - 17calibers.

Another variation I would be interested in is with "normal" priming tools how much variation of depth do you get?
All data I have provided has been claimed "biased" since I stand to benefit. I'll see if I can get the Bullet Central F-class team to release some of their experiences with this. People need to understand this industry at its apex is viciously competitive. There are several top competitors that have been using my methods and equipment for nearly 8 years... and no one knows. They won't tell. lol

However, I hope you realize you don't need to be a top level F-class or benchrest shooter to see a benefit from this. Every day regular casual shooters are seeing massive gains here. You're very likely a much better shooter than you think you are. It's likely some things like this all stacked together have conned you into thinking you're the problem.

-----------
Follow on Instagram
Subscribe on YouTube
Amazon Affiliate

I'd already decided I wasn't gonna measure primer seating depth with anything more than my finger to feel they're set below the case head face.

No matter what this guy determined. Fortunately, his single test concluded primer seating depth is not terribly critical, provided the primers were seated below the face of the case head.

Goody for me and my methods. Reloading rules of the road are already tedious enough to take the fun out of my hobby. I don't need, or want, another tedious procedure.
Finally a shooter not looking for excuses the 1500 was shot a long time before a Magnum primers came along