Does a crush fit change pressures?

Boomtube, can you explain how it changes the harmonics?

I am loading it all up again the same way and see if I get repeatable speeds and groups. I'm going to change out the batteries to make sure everything is a go on the Chrony as well.

"Boomtube, can you explain how it changes the harmonics? "

Sorta. Not very well tho. Fact is, anything that exerts pressure on an action or barrel changes the viberations to some degree. A tightly fitted cartridge that puts pressure on a firmly locked bolt certainly fits that description and changed viberations will change accuracy.

Some folks are emphatic that loosely fitted FL sized ammo shoots best, others are equally emphatic that neck sized ammo shoots best, others are fully convienced that jam fitted ammo like yours shoots best. I figger they are all right, in their limited experience. Seems the more experience anyone has the less certain he will be that he knows just how to get best acccuracy from anything without trying it first.

I've been doing this stuff much too long. I shoulda stopped decades ago, back when I was inexperienced enough to know it all. Things were much easier then and I could confidently tell others just how to solve their accuracy problems. Not now.

How am I ever going to become a real web guru when I'm often as confused as anyone else?! :D

Last edited:
I've been doing this stuff much too long. I shoulda stopped decades ago, back when I was inexperienced enough to know it all. Things were much easier then and I could confidently tell others just how to solve their accuracy problems. Not now.

How am I ever going to become a real web guru when I'm often as confused as anyone else?! :D

Hey!! I resemble that remark! :D

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.