Loading for bulk 223/55, does brass type matter?

Bigeclipse

All,

When you are loading for bulk 223/556 (where you are simply looking for shortrange plinking accuracy), do you sort your brass? I know that if you are working at top end loads, a safe load in one type of brass may not be safe in another but what if you work in a bottom end load range? For example, using tac powder for a 55gr projectile will have a range of say 21.5 to 25.6 grains. Could I load in the 22-23 grain range and not worry about brass type? Reason I ask is I have once fired range brass. It is primarily LC but there can be an occasional Winchester, federal, or hornady case as well. Sorting would be a pain but if it's not safe than I will definitely sort. Thanks!

Nah, no reason to sort blaster ammo cases. What's most important to me is that the load cycles reliably, so it has to be stout enough to cycle but not max pressure. Don't just start in the middle, load up from min to short of max and make sure you get reliable cycling out of them before just picking a charge.

LC, WCC, Fed will all be in the same ish weight class, IMI, CBC will be heavier. I found that the Hornady weights fluctuate a lot so I put them with the IMi brass. Winchester brass is light, I just add a .5gr for those and subtract for the IMI an CBC

if you stay mid data as you suggested earlier , yeah you could load all 223 & 5.56 with same charge and not run into a problem

if it were me id sort 223 out of all the LC & batch the LC only ,with a close to max charge ,

and do a separate plinker batch with all the 223 HS'd in that mid charge range

easiest way ive found to sort is the dillon super swager 600 , if they swage they go into one bucket if they dont they go into another