primed 'virgin' steel cases

Josh Wayner

it struck me today while i was looking over the latest Hornady catalog that they are using steel cases for their new 'Steel Match' ammo. this got me wondering if Wolf or any other company sells primed and ready-to-go steel cases that just need bullet and powder. what i want to know is if this exists, not if it is more economical or if regular brass is better etc... just product info, no opinions.

it struck me today while i was looking over the latest Hornady catalog that they are using steel cases for their new 'Steel Match' ammo. this got me wondering if Wolf or any other company sells primed and ready-to-go steel cases that just need bullet and powder. what i want to know is if this exists, not if it is more economical or if regular brass is better etc... just product info, no opinions.

The brand does not matter !!!

Steel cases are primarily for military applications where the chamber is Chrome Lined and only
fired once.

They can damage a fine chamber and aren't considered re-loadable.

I would not use them in anything Chrome lined or not.

You can save a little money or save the chamber.

J E CUSTOM

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.