Price Gougers

My guess is that shooting will slow down a lot because we just can't find much to shoot. I absolutely will not buy components from Gunbroker or from any other source where scalping is the order of the day.

Stopped by the LGS the other day to see what might be available. The store was very busy with people looking at guns of all sorts. When I asked if there was ANY primers or powder available, the owner said that he sells 100% of the components he gets "on line", nothing is sold in the store. I was completely shocked to hear him say what I have suspected all along. The LGS is clearly part of the problem IMO.

If people would just calm down and quit paying these astronomical prices there would be no market for the scalpers I mean entrepreneurs to sell. Fear is driving this. We've seen it before wether it was primers in the 80's, .22 shortage, run on AR's. Etc. this time is worse because of the covid impact on supply. One good thing about America if theres a buck to be made someones going to go get it. Plants are running full out. Supply will catch up at some point. The sooner we all calm down the sooner it will be. If you dont really need powder, then dont but everything powder valley has when it does pop up. Leave it for the guy that is out.

My guess is that shooting will slow down a lot because we just can't find much to shoot. I absolutely will not buy components from Gunbroker or from any other source where scalping is the order of the day.

Stopped by the LGS the other day to see what might be available. The store was very busy with people looking at guns of all sorts. When I asked if there was ANY primers or powder available, the owner said that he sells 100% of the components he gets "on line", nothing is sold in the store. I was completely shocked to hear him say what I have suspected all along. The LGS is clearly part of the problem IMO.
What a shame, I was dealing with a great guy here local but the last time I went by his place he was listing stuff on Gunbroker, I haven't been back

Houston paper has story of people setting up networks to update people on when arrival is coming at gun shops and sporting goods stores. Bet 95% of these are scalpers, and to that I say "get a real job". They do the same networking on premium bourbon to sell on off market sites.
Now you got my attention - it just is not right!!! Buying up all the premium bourbon to scalp!! What's the world coming too dear lord.

So forget price gougers on Gunbroker. Retailers are now price gouging. I just saw one online retailer selling a box of FNH 5.7 ammo for over 100$, and it wasn't even the " good stuff"

So forget price gougers on Gunbroker. Retailers are now price gouging. I just saw one online retailer selling a box of FNH 5.7 ammo for over 100$, and it wasn't even the " good stuff"
What I do is make a note of those stores and NEVER shop there again. I vote with my pocket!

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.