price for an older ADL

timmay

I might be picking up a pristine early 80s Remington 700 ADL that has a smooth bolt knob, (like the 721) I found out that Remington put these on early 1980's ADL's
I like the smooth knob better, its just like my old 721.
Its topped with an old (but like new) redfield 3x9 with a target turret with redield single piece base and rings.
The rifle looks as if it was bought, sighted in and then stored until now.
The guy wants no less than $635
Im not sure if thats a good price or not, but it seems just about right to me as other nice older ADL's are going for around $500 without scopes in my area.

Ive seen guys say they wouldn't spend more than $350, but good luck ever finding one at that price anywhere unless its all banged up (at least not around here)

Tough call, the Redfield used is not worth a whole lot and you are paying a premium for that ADL but there are not alot of them around in that kind of shape as most of them got hunted with! I know I wouldnt because at that amount of money you can get some really nice new bolts like the Tikka T3 and that is about where they are at new. If that is the gun you want though at a price you are comfortable with then go for it. I have seen several ADL's in MN for a lot less but they are not in mint shape. Look around at what used redfields go for and that will give you the price you are actually paying for that ADL.

I'm like you I like some of the older rifles a lot but that is just way high I think unless you just really want that rifle and are willing to pay the premium because thats what you want, which is ok, if that is what you want but he is about twice as high as he needs to be on that rifle. I mean $450 would be a high but payable price in my opinion.

Tough call, the Redfield used is not worth a whole lot and you are paying a premium for that ADL but there are not alot of them around in that kind of shape as most of them got hunted with! I know I wouldnt because at that amount of money you can get some really nice new bolts like the Tikka T3 and that is about where they are at new. If that is the gun you want though at a price you are comfortable with then go for it. I have seen several ADL's in MN for a lot less but they are not in mint shape. Look around at what used redfields go for and that will give you the price you are actually paying for that ADL.

Ya, I see the same redfield being listed on ebay for around $200-$300..but that doesn't mean anyone is paying that for them.
I figure if I can sell the scope for 200 that brings it to $435 which is good, but I have no idea if the scope would ever sell. He won't sell it without the scope (probably because its hard to sell the scope Im guessing)
The Tikkas are nice, but at the moment Im into older Remingtons with walnut stocks.
or CZ550's in walnut

At that price I would lran hard towards the cz. They are some sweet rifles

I own a CZ 550 308 varmint in walnut and love it. I just ordered it from Buds a month ago
But if I buy another CZ I have to order one (because I can't find the one Im looking for) and Im sick of doing the background checks letting the government know every rifle I own. So Id rather buy the rest of my rifles in person and just keep the gov out of it if you know what Im saying.
Im looking for a CZ 550 full stock in 6.5 swede or 270 but Ill never find one locally for sale, I may just end up ordering one again for the last time
But in the mean time This ADL is calling me even though its priced a little high

I never pay over $400 for an ADL and usually get them well under that though that vintage is a heck of a lot better than what Rem is making today by such a margin it's astounding so maybe those older Rems are worth more now than ever, a lot depends on your local market.

I never pay over $400 for an ADL and usually get them well under that though that vintage is a heck of a lot better than what Rem is making today by such a margin it's astounding so maybe those older Rems are worth more now than ever, a lot depends on your local market.

There is one more ADL in my area in almost as good condition for $480 without scope but includes the old redfield base and rings.
I think the price is just about the same when considering the other has the vintage redfield scope thats in very good condition..

Does anyone know of anyone that wants a vintage Redfield Low Pro 3-9 with target turret?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.