Good ADL stocks

xFREDRICKx

Hi,

I am looking for a good ADL stock with a full length aluminum bedding block for my long action 700. I am needing it to fit a number 7 contour barrel with a 0.875" muzzle diameter. Nothing against the BDL style i just prefer the ADL and wanted to see if there was anything out there. This is for somewhat of a budget build so no more $500. If not than a BDL will have to do.

They make them with barrel channels sized for the varmint barrels, so I would think those would fit. I still have the cheap factory barrel on mine, but looking at it, I could probably open it up if I needed to. At some point I want a slightly heavier barrel, probably just heavier than a magnum contour.

Check out Manners stocks. They have a chassis system that appears to be better than the B&C or HS aluminum bedding block.

Hi,

I am looking for a good ADL stock with a full length aluminum bedding block for my long action 700. I am needing it to fit a number 7 contour barrel with a 0.875" muzzle diameter. Nothing against the BDL style i just prefer the ADL and wanted to see if there was anything out there. This is for somewhat of a budget build so no more $500. If not than a BDL will have to do.
If you ever have a problem and can't open your bolt and need to dump your rounds the only way to do it with the ADL is to remove the action from the stock so you may want to reconsider.

On your budget go over to Stocky's Stocks and take a look at the B&C and H-S Precision stocks.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.