Pressure?

Run them thru a Chrony, if fact 2 chronys if you or friend have em and see what velocities are to start.

The primers are not really flat, with the creatored. I would say just creator. Sticky bolt not good, and ejector marks I would say. I really don't see the use of Mag primers with those loads. That me maybe more than anything else.

Hello everyone. Need some help here. I have shot 3 loads today at the range, and all three caused some sticky boat lift. I don't feel like the power charge is that high, and I'm not good at telling pressure signs by looking at the bottom of the case. In my 7RM. Thanks
Where's your bullet in relation to the rifling ?

I did not start at max, started at 70 grains and worked up. 71.6 was where I found the best accuracy. As far as the accubonds, could not get it to group with lower powder charges. I do have a chrono but was just testing for accuracy yesterday.
I generally alway set up with a chronographs at any time except if I am just checking to see if the rilfe is still on. With that size of case. I start off at low powder loading and increase by .5grs. each load, until I see pressure signs. You can start your ladder tests at the same time.
Using the lower powder loads you can figure out what seating depth you will want to be at. It can't play with your pressures some, just have to watch.
Bottom line is be save. It's not worth a trip to the hospital. It happens all the time. Sorry this came in two parts.

Do you have a chronograph? Two of your H1000/160 gr bullet reloads are over book max for powder charge; one by three grains, the other by four grains.

Without a velocity reading, you are relying solely on "pressure signs" to determine if your load is okay & your brass is showing ejector marks & heavy bolt lift. Those ARE pressure signs!

Without a chronograph, I'd suggest you stay at or below book max (66 grains of H1000 with 160 grain cup/core-type bullets.) You can get a chronograph for $155. Much cheaper than a blown up gun & E.R. visit:

You know something is up & not right or you wouldn't have posted. That was smart. Now you need to listen to people that have been there, done that, & got the T-shirt. That'd be really smart. Stay safe & it'll still be fun! Good luck.
I agree. Velocity = Pressure

Could the necks be too thick?
Shouldn't be but could be.

I've always heard that Christensen's rifles were top shelf and accurate for a mass produced simi-custom.
A lot of people think they are. Ive had many in my shop and not one id call inventory worthy let a lone top shelf.

That really bothers me. A good friend called me from out of town asking about them. He'd never heard of them anf wantrd to make sure that the salesman was being straight with him. Not knowing about problems, I recommended that he get it. I haven't heard any complaints from him. Is there a chance that they were good a couple or 3 years ago?

Recent Posts