Prechtl Express Long Range Gun

Sral1987

Dear LRH Community,

I am new to this forum and very interested in long range shooting. i have read a lot of scientific papers about ballistics, chemical bore erosion, rifle harmonics and all the physics involved, though now I feel it is time for more practical experience.

I would like to know your opinion about a long-range rifle in the old Mauser 98 magnum action. In Germany we have someone who has improved them and machines them out of very high-quality steel. Of course, the main problem is the cost, this stuff is very expensive. Though I still feel in terms of reliability they are unbeatable.

The firing pin and most of the moving parts while firing are made out of titanium so that less mass is involved in the firing process and therefor less vibrations.

I think these new 98 actions are unbeatable in almost every regard, they certainly feed and extract more reliable and their longevity is second to none as all parts are more robust than in a Remington action for example.

Tell me what you guys think of this,

With very best regards,

Sral

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.