Prayers for missing Hunter in Utah

Such a sad and completely helpless feeling to hear about this type of thing! I am sure we all would like to help but how? Knowing that he is someone who is experienced and prepared is helpful and creates hope that he could still be found OK. Could we be enlightened as to how much help is being received in the search efforts by the state of UTAH so we can make future choices as to whether we want to go to UTAH for any past time or not. How do we find out what is happening in the search and if there is anything that can help? ALL of the BEST to the FAMILY in a time of greatest need. Any good tracking hounds in the area???

I often wonder if God is waiting for just one more person to pray. That might be me so, prayer sent.
Thank you! If he is anything like the man I met and sold the stock too, the he is MORE than a nice guy. These are outstanding I individuals, that I'm glad God gave me the chance to meet them. While in my area, I made them a list of things to go do and see, and they did.

Prayers. Dogs are incredibly valuable assets, as well as great companions. They can track, and provide security, two things that will save you life if you live in the boondocks. I had a Shepherd-Rottie 50/50 mix, he was born to a breeder mishap and I found him in a kennel with a bad case of malnutrition. His owners was a young couple and apparently going through hard times, and they had cats so he was not allowed in the home and they left him with little food. How adults could do such a thing is beyond my comprehension. When I adopted him I was young, and he was so skinny and obviously very unhealthy. He gradually regained his health soon after I took him in, and I quickly fell in love with the fella. He was one hell of a dog, and smart as a whip. He grew to be larger than your average Shepherd with one hell of a set of teeth. He challenged me twice when he reach maturity, and I had to establish dominance. He also tried to eat both of our house cats for a brief period of time, and after some grooming became the best of friends with them. He was abused, but he came back to the world and turned out to be the most amazing animal. He would respond to verbal commands, and do any number of requests, when I finally grew out of his puppy years he would rarely disregard a command. He did not require constant treats: he was rewarded with praise. We had acreage on the side of a mountain and he would patrol my property boundary per my training, and respond to verbals. We had some hunters walk my property which I did not post, and told me if they saw a dog running deer they were going to shoot it. I told them if they were on my property and shot my dog, they would be shot: they didn't like that, but I allowed them to leave my property. I posted my property after this incident, I marked the trees on the forested sides and used signs on the roads. The dog never ran deer, he would let them eat from our flower gardens int he morning unscathed, and he would only engage something I gave him the command to. What an amazing animal, and he lived a very long a healthy happy life, he was at least 16 when he died which is incredible for his breed.

Friend I'm sorry but what does your dog story have to do with
Mr Carl missing during a hunting trip and everyone sending their prayers and thoughts to the family.

I had to make decision of bugout before a big snow this year and hearing about this sad circumstance, re-enforces our decision. Sometimes you just have to make a decision that will end a hunt that you have prepared for maybe even couple years. It is difficult but the potential risk is not worth it. I truly hope he was prepared for the conditions and is cozy hunkered down waiting for help. He is same age as I am and this gives me more pause to think about "what ifs" and I truly hope and pray he is well and just waiting for assistance.

He has had alot of prayers coming from southern WY as well. The best personal safety investment you can make is a 20$ a year subscription to OnX Maps and learn how to use the app on your phone or GPS.

He has had alot of prayers coming from southern WY as well. The best personal safety investment you can make is a 20$ a year subscription to OnX Maps and learn how to use the app on your phone or GPS.
Or a delorme (garmin now), InReach.

Any updates on the search? I have been checking Utah's KSL.com for updates, but havent seen any.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts