Prayers for missing Hunter in Utah

I too check this thread and have been watching local news with hope. Sadly, our weather has taken a nasty turn. It dipped to around 10 last night and snow this morning. It's supposed to dip to 3 tonight. That is in the valleys, mountains will be worse.

I have meant to post a few times but just didn't quite do it. I know that the search and rescue teams here are very good. It is also largely volunteer. I good friend has been in charge of the local unit for quite a while. I have the utmost confidence in their abilities. The pull numerous counties in when searches like this are under way. I haven't had a chance to check in with him but would not be surprised if they were involved.

Hope and prayers for a miracle, and at least some peace for the family.

Sadly, even with my normal emergency winter gear and winter survival training I'd probably not make it this long in these conditions. Food to stoke the body's fire is what I'd be lacking by this time.

Eric B.

Every time I log in to this site, I search for this thread hoping for some information of a positive outcome. Prayers still being sent daily.

I too check this thread and have been watching local news with hope. Sadly, our weather has taken a nasty turn. It dipped to around 10 last night and snow this morning. It's supposed to dip to 3 tonight. That is in the valleys, mountains will be worse.

I have meant to post a few times but just didn't quite do it. I know that the search and rescue teams here are very good. It is also largely volunteer. I good friend has been in charge of the local unit for quite a while. I have the utmost confidence in their abilities. The pull numerous counties in when searches like this are under way. I haven't had a chance to check in with him but would not be surprised if they were involved.

Hope and prayers for a miracle, and at least some peace for the family.

Sadly, even with my normal emergency winter gear and winter survival training I'd probably not make it this long in these conditions. Food to stoke the body's fire is what I'd be lacking by this time.

Eric B.

I was talking to Brad about it yesterday. He said the snow is so bad, all foot searches are off for now. They are flying over once per week to look for scavenger activity. :(

Unfortunately, I think everyone knows how this is going to end. The bright side- as has already been pointed out- is that he died doing something he very much enjoyed.

About all we can do now is pray that his pain and suffering was minimal and his family and friends soon see the closure that they need.
I didn't even know the man, and have only know Brad for about 3 weeks, but I still feel the pain involved here. That uncertainty is what the problem really is. Until the snow melts, that family gets no closure. :(

They haven't exactly "called it off". I think it just slowed down.

73390630_3685767481449151_8755641929292578816_n.jpg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts