Practice Tips for shooting and teaching new and experienced shooters

Deviant

This might sound stupid to some but just here me out. I bought my 7 and 11 year old kids an airsoft bolt action spring powered rifle and a CO2 powered HK USP airsoft pistol for Christmas so I could train my kids to shoot and practice indoors in my basement when it's -20 outside like today. The pistol looks and feels identical to the real thing and even recoils via gas blow back and is a great training tool. But the thing I realized is that the $135 I spent on the rifle may be the best investment I've purchased so far to train myself in an inexpensive and fun way to get some Trigger Time. I have room to shoot 50 feet in my basement and this gun with .36 gram BB's is shooting 1/2 inch groups at this distance. I had so much fun sighting this thing in that I have put about 1,000 rounds through it now and have realized what a great training tool it is to practice the basics and get some cheap Trigger Time. I don't get nearly enough time to shoot outside and I always struggle at the beginning of hunting season especially on running coyotes until I get some Trigger Time in and remember the basics of Trigger pull, breathing, and not flinching. This is one way for me to practice and not have to burn up ammo. I have a trap and resettable Target that after you knock the first two Targets down and hit the third one they all pop back up which makes for a pretty fun beer drinking game with the Buddies too. I have been reusing the bb's and they keep shooting straight. With the heavy BB's you can also trace your shots and see exactly where you're hitting on the target. I would have never thought of this is such a great training tool until I actually purchased it and tried it myself. It's an Echo 1 PSR rifle that I bought on Amazon and there are probably much better options out there that are more expensive but for 50 feet this one has worked perfect for us.

Attachments

• 20220106_140744.jpg
    20220106_140744.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 66
On the rifle, does cycling the bolt provide enough spring reset or do you have to do something else to charge it?

What is the length of pull on the rifle?

On the rifle, does cycling the bolt provide enough spring reset or do you have to do something else to charge it?

What is the length of pull on the rifle?
All you have to do is pull the bolt back to cock the spring. There are several upgrades that can be purchased for this model as it is a VSR 10 clone which is the most common airsoft sniper rifle platform. Not sure on LOP but it is a full size rifle and there are other options with fully adjustable stocks such as the Norvitsch SSG 10 A2 with a McMillian style stock and a bunch of upgraded parts already installed but $$$.