• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder Valley

Matt bowen Sorry but I have to ask what "B" school did you graduate from? In other words where did you get your MBA? ... I will be sure to tell my HR dept to put that school on the "do not fly" list bahahahaha

Thanks Powder Valley! Loyalty is reciprocal to those who appreciate loyalty. And those who appreciate loyalty note the opportunists and remember. Freedom is a wonderful thing and companies can do business however they wish and while I support that, I can't help but be affected and make buying decisions accordingly. I was a PV customer before, have been (fortunately) through recent times and will be more so in the future. More power to Powder Valley and well earned!

Well I'm PO'd .....PV was my secret stash cuz they are located right here in Kansas. Used to get together an order from all my reloading buddies and drive there to avoid shipping ahazmat fees.

Now EVERYONE knows what a great company they are and I'll be fighting all of you folks for stock.

Thanks a lot Makaira.....☹️

As for powder
Saw this on their Facebook page-
The battle is tough but some people just don't care. I hate it. I really do. Today we had to block a few persons from accessing our website. We also had to cancel over $20,000 in orders. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. We could have let those orders go through. But, we didn't. It cost us over $1,200 to cancel those orders. Each credit card transaction costs us about 3%. Figure in that running the card cost us 3% and then crediting the transaction cost us another 3%. How many statements do we need to put on our website? How many places do we need to put where you have to agree to the daily and individual limitations. People try to act all slick willy and figure out ways around the limitations we've placed and then act all coy like they had no idea....... Come on folks. I may look like an idiot but most of the time I'm not and this ain't my first rodeo. Heck folks, I've even had people contact me and ask for me to charge them 10% more than our listed price and allow them to purchase $50,000 to $100,000 worth of powder per month. We're not going to do it folks. I've said this over and over. We're here because we're shooters supporting shooters. We need to work together through this!
As for powder and primers, hazmat + shipping from Midway, PV, or any online retailer drive the prices plum out of reason. When you add those costs to the price they show it comes close to doubling the price you pay. How to avoid that is buy at your local shooters supply. For many years Paducah Shooters Supply has only been $1 - $2 higher on powder, my cost, than the prices any online retailer shows, - hazmat + shipping, on their site.

Saw this on their Facebook page-
The battle is tough but some people just don't care. I hate it. I really do. Today we had to block a few persons from accessing our website. We also had to cancel over $20,000 in orders. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. We could have let those orders go through. But, we didn't. It cost us over $1,200 to cancel those orders. Each credit card transaction costs us about 3%. Figure in that running the card cost us 3% and then crediting the transaction cost us another 3%. How many statements do we need to put on our website? How many places do we need to put where you have to agree to the daily and individual limitations. People try to act all slick willy and figure out ways around the limitations we've placed and then act all coy like they had no idea....... Come on folks. I may look like an idiot but most of the time I'm not and this ain't my first rodeo. Heck folks, I've even had people contact me and ask for me to charge them 10% more than our listed price and allow them to purchase $50,000 to $100,000 worth of powder per month. We're not going to do it folks. I've said this over and over. We're here because we're shooters supporting shooters. We need to work together through this!
Being from Canada I can't even access items from Powder Valley but talk about taking a stand on PRINCIPLE! FOR THE SHOOTERS, BY THE SHOOTERS! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've been buying components almost exclusively from Powder Valley for more than thirty years, in fact, I think they were Dexter Automotive Supply when I first purchased from them. You may occasionally find a slightly better price elsewhere, but overall, they have the best prices and service. I can't imagine buying elsewhere if PV has what you're looking for.

I feel PV pain with people that don't understand the rules, or flat out don't care. We sell fish for pond stocking and have people ordering on-line that are 100's of miles away, even more than 1,000 miles. We will deliver, but have to charge per mile to drive the truck/water/Oxygen and fish to them. We have had to initiate a 10% administrative fee for cancelled orders that were placed outside our free delivery range if the people don't call us first to find out what the delivery fee will be. We are charged the same CC fees that they are for doing the transaction and for refunding the money.

One person ordered less than $10 worth of fish and was peeved that we wouldn't deliver them for the purchase price. (they were 1.300 miles away and a 21 hour drive). Overnight shipping would have cost close to $300. I truly believe that common sense has left the country.

The people that deserve our everlasting dislike are the distributors of powder who - rather than sell their products at normal prices on their websites - take them directly to GunBroker et al and sell them at scalpers prices. That is someone who the manufacturers such as Hodgdon - IMR should go to great lengths to kick them out of their dealer networks and never allow them to distribute their products ever again. If I was a manufacturer of components I would do everything I could to prevent that action because it undermines the whole process. If Larry Potterfield wants to mark up his products, so be it. I'll buy from someone else. But a distributor - who gets powder directly from the manufacturers - and then sells it on the black market and never offers it to the public should be excoriated.
Right. Mr. Potterfield should give everything away because...GREED. LOL