• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Powder Valley

Makaira

Saw this on their Facebook page-
The battle is tough but some people just don't care. I hate it. I really do. Today we had to block a few persons from accessing our website. We also had to cancel over $20,000 in orders. Why? Because it's the right thing to do. We could have let those orders go through. But, we didn't. It cost us over $1,200 to cancel those orders. Each credit card transaction costs us about 3%. Figure in that running the card cost us 3% and then crediting the transaction cost us another 3%. How many statements do we need to put on our website? How many places do we need to put where you have to agree to the daily and individual limitations. People try to act all slick willy and figure out ways around the limitations we've placed and then act all coy like they had no idea....... Come on folks. I may look like an idiot but most of the time I'm not and this ain't my first rodeo. Heck folks, I've even had people contact me and ask for me to charge them 10% more than our listed price and allow them to purchase $50,000 to $100,000 worth of powder per month. We're not going to do it folks. I've said this over and over. We're here because we're shooters supporting shooters. We need to work together through this!

I'll continue to support Powder Valley and WITHDRAW all my support for scalper Larry Potterfield and his company, MidWay USA. The pandemic showed us one thing; who's with us and who's all out for themselves.
I look at it differently, Midway is interfering with scalpers for a little while. If you set the price high, scalpers won't buy up the entire supply. It's just not worth it to them. Meanwhile, if you be patient, and the inventory at midway builds back up, the price will come down. Scalpers lose and you and I win. Part of the reason the scalper market exists is because of websites like PV keeping their prices the same. If they done the same thing for a month or two the scalpers would move on to the next thing that's popular. People who are good at it use bots to monitor sites and buy up the inventory (used a bot to buy more than their monthly restriction). Guarantee you this is why PV had to cancel all those orders.
Midway is hoping that you will just wait, and hoping that scalpers keep their inventory on the shelf.
Be honest with yourself, is there any difference in staring at a pound of powder that cost $100 and in stock any different than never being able to buy it because of scalpers?

There is a local auction that has a pound of H4350 up to $65+15% fee for the auction.... that should tell you something. I bid it up to $45 and walked away.

Last edited:
The people that deserve our everlasting dislike are the distributors of powder who - rather than sell their products at normal prices on their websites - take them directly to GunBroker et al and sell them at scalpers prices. That is someone who the manufacturers such as Hodgdon - IMR should go to great lengths to kick them out of their dealer networks and never allow them to distribute their products ever again. If I was a manufacturer of components I would do everything I could to prevent that action because it undermines the whole process. If Larry Potterfield wants to mark up his products, so be it. I'll buy from someone else. But a distributor - who gets powder directly from the manufacturers - and then sells it on the black market and never offers it to the public should be excoriated.