Powder Recall

TGVan

So I saw Hogden had a recall for IMR4007ssc on the home page. I had 7 mag loaded with that one so I checked my ammo. Sure enough I had visible corrosion on some cases, some not. I pulled bullets on some, it was hard pulling, some simply wouldn't pull. I did have a primer blow completely out of the case on my last range session with that particular ammo.

This is not a bashing thing. The recall is for real no joke. If you have ever used this powder check your rounds. The recall covers all produced lot numbers.

I just wanted to get the word out just in case no one else had seen it.

Have a great day

not all lot numbers, just these : The deteriorated lot numbers are as follows: 10130139, 10131139, 10429139, 10430139, 80425139 and 80426139.

here is what IMR says about those lot numbers : IMR has received reports that this particular powder in 1 lb. and 8 lb. containers may have become unstable due to possible rapid deterioration. Use of this product from these lot numbers shown on the enclosed label may result in spontaneous combustion, fire damage or possible serious injury. IMR suggests that anyone who has this product should cease using it immediately! Fill the powder container with water which will render the product inert and safe for disposal.

Contact IMR directly for more information:

IMR Powder Company, 6430 Vista Drive, Shawnee, KS 66218, email [email protected], imrpowder.com, call 1-800-622-4366 or 913-362-9455 and fax 913-362-1307.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.