Warning: Powder Recall

BountyHunter

General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems Canada Valleyfield, Inc (GD-OTS), has determined a potential defect relating to certain lots of Accurate 2495, 4064 and 4350 propellants manufactured for Western Powders Inc. prior to October 1, 2016 and packaged under the Accurate brand name in 1 lb. and 8 lb. canisters, may be defective. The use or storage of this product may result in combustion, fire damage and/or possible serious injury or property damage. Some signs of degradation include, but are not limited to, container lid deformation, discoloration of the containers in the lid area, presence of red fumes when the container lid is opened, or the presence of a strong acidic odor. GD-OTS and Western Powders Inc. are recalling the following powders packaged under the Accurate brand in 1 lb. and 8 lb. containers. Please check your lot number to insure you have a lot that is affected. The Lot Number is the last 1 or 2 digits. The first digits are the date, e.g. 0427124 is April 27th, 2012 Lot number 4. The 7th and 8th digit(s) of the product are the LOT NUMBER. The Lot numbers affected are: Accurate 4064 | Lots 2 through 16 Accurate 2495 | Lots 2 through 17 Accurate 4350 | Lots 2 through 22

Glad I never got in to Accurate powders. If I was to see any of those signs with any powder I use, they would get disposed of right quick. Thanks for Posting

I have 19lbs of the powder in this recall.I received an email last week from Western Powders.I followed their instructions and I should be receiving reimbursement soon.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.