Powder for 7mm Rem Mag

Can you share details? Bullet, charge ranges, speeds, accuracy?

GTE,
The rifle I'm shooting is a custom gun built from the Best Of The West folks in Cody. It has the Huskemaw BDC yardage turret, which saves me critical seconds in hunting situations. The rifle arrived turn-key with the load already developed. The mv is set for 2912 fps.... not fast, but consistent and accurate. They used the IMR 8133 due to better case fill, more consistent pressure, slower burn rate, and translation to a more consistent performance. In order for me to match that mv, I load 72.5gr. of powder in HornDaddy brass [I will ultimately switch to Nosler]. The trim length of the case is 2.490. I am using CCI 250's. But will switch to Federal's due to the fact that I get at least as good accuracy and have 1000's. The gun is shooting consistently sub .5 MOA. When I first got it, powder was easy to get. Then in October couldn't hardly find it. Guess folks found out about it and started scooping it up. I'll get enuf to last the life of the barrel. It's a "shooter" for sure...
Good luck

Attachments

• 2D66B928-5B65-4D43-BCA7-0B6E1E68CD45.jpeg
    2D66B928-5B65-4D43-BCA7-0B6E1E68CD45.jpeg
    361.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 869ED8DB-F97F-468E-B32F-511DE632EA8A.jpeg
    869ED8DB-F97F-468E-B32F-511DE632EA8A.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
GTE,
The rifle I'm shooting is a custom gun built from the Best Of The West folks in Cody. It has the Huskemaw BDC yardage turret, which saves me critical seconds in hunting situations. The rifle arrived turn-key with the load already developed. The mv is set for 2912 fps.... not fast, but consistent and accurate. They used the IMR 8133 due to better case fill, more consistent pressure, slower burn rate, and translation to a more consistent performance. In order for me to match that mv, I load 72.5gr. of powder in HornDaddy brass [I will ultimately switch to Nosler]. The trim length of the case is 2.490. I am using CCI 250's. But will switch to Federal's due to the fact that I get at least as good accuracy and have 1000's. The gun is shooting consistently sub .5 MOA. When I first got it, powder was easy to get. Then in October couldn't hardly find it. Guess folks found out about it and started scooping it up. I'll get enuf to last the life of the barrel. It's a "shooter" for sure...
Good luck
Ohh yeah, I load the Berger 180 gr. VLD Hunting

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.