7mm Rem Mag Powder for 24" Tube

I have a 7 rem mag 24" barrel. Initially I started with H1000 and tried sciracco II 150 gr and 140 gr bergers. The bergers shot great but wasn't getting the velocity I wanted. The sciracco II I just could get to shoot consistantly, I would shoot a great group and then the nest few would be lousy, also with these bullets the zero seemed to change ? I then tried the 168 bergers and H4831 got 1" and under groups and under 20 ES. The velocity was a little slower than I wanted but I was very happy with the groups and ES. With the H1000 I just wasn't able to get the ES to where I was happy. I would try the H4831 or H1000, first choice H4831. If one doesn't perform like you want try the other.

I've got all the loads, H1000, retumbo, H4831sc, just needed to know before the range on Tues. I'll report what shoots good, hopefully 168 Bergers .010 of the lands.

What do y'all think about CCI Magnums for primers

This is what I am using with the retumbo e tip load and I can't complain. Hot enough for something in the 70 grain charge weight area. I have not checked ES or SD yet as this is still a work in progress but so far 250's seem to be good.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.