powder availability?

I am pretty good at reading people and situations and I have no doubt my LGS is selling on the side. I have already started taking my business elsewhere. Does he care, no he is going to keep selling handguns and blackrifles to newbies, his business model has changed. He is after the quick buck, he no longer wishes to cater to the sportsmen shooter.

This seems to be the new business model of a local gun shop near me. They are giddy over the number of black rifles they can sell and pretty much ignore anything or anybody else..

Here in Idaho, we finally have H4831sc, RL22 and 19, Varget, 7828, some Retumbo and a few other flavors holding on the shelves. Haven't seen any Ramshot Magnum or Hunter in about a year. Our persistent shortage is bullets....no new Bergers or LRABs on the shelves in a long time.

Aint that the truth, I have a 338 barrel with Ryan Pierce right now that will be wanting some tasty h-1000 to drink later on this year, im starting to worry lol.
I would think that'd be a good fit for either Retumbo or RL33 or maybe Norma MRP... .?

MRP is one powder that seems to be readily available and I'm thinking I may have to look to trying some of it next year.

If I could make it work in my bigger bores it would sure save some worries and aggravation.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.