Possible Scope Problem? Opinions Please

Csafisher

I have a nikon monarch 4-16x mounted on a 10-22. When i first mounted it i did not have enough adjustment to even get the gun zeroed at 50yds. It replaced a VX-1 which after zeroing was close to the center of its adjustment range so i dont know what is wrong. Everything is tight. Right now i have a 20moa base on it and have about 18MOA of adjustment to work with. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

It almost makes me think your scope mount is the wrong one or could possibly be put on backwards... .

Does it slope from back to front or front to rear?

Did you bore sight it when you mounted it?

Collimator or laser bore sight?

Id say WildRose is on to something. Id also recommend making sure the tension on all the scope ring screws are the same, and you have equal gap spacing between the upper and lower pieces of the rings.

The mount is not backwards. After not being able to get it zeroed because I ran out of adjustment I put on the 20moa base. I have tried re-mounting the scope with close attention to the torque and how level the rings are.

The mount is not backwards. After not being able to get it zeroed because I ran out of adjustment I put on the 20moa base. I have tried re-mounting the scope with close attention to the torque and how level the rings are.
Then it sounds to me like something is busted or off track inside the scope.

CS, Sounds like you have done your due dilligence trying to make sure the scope is mounted correctly. You should not need a shim or the 20 MOA base for a 10/22. My only suggestion is to talk to a gunsmith and see if there is something they see out of the norm. I know it's extra work but you might consider putting the scope on another rifle to verify that is not the issue. If it is, I will be happy to help you through the return process.
I have heard and seen many ill mounted scopes and recently have come across a few with 20 MOA mounts put on backwards as previously asked. Hey, it happens, anyway, try a different set of eyes and let me know if I can help down the road. It is hard to have more fun shooting any other rifle then a 10/22. Check out Ruger's 25 round mags, they just add to the enjoyment.

http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd363/bman940/22rimfire.jpg

Yes I am planning on putting it on another rifle to see it is the scope or something else, I didn't have that prob the old scope so it must be something with the mounts or the scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.