portable shooting bench options?

6833E130-DF7E-4342-BA42-3593D9F5785A.jpeg
Thanks for the kudos. Our benches are built to be light AND stable.

CDA27335-BF8E-448A-BCCE-373AB1BDF6E2.jpeg
DD568124-C41C-4F90-AD7E-505C53D1BB49.jpeg
Independently adjustable aluminum legs allow a stable platform on any terrain.
While we are not able to offer specials, we are holding our current prices (at least for now) even though raw material prices have been going up aggressively recently.

Piece of 3/4" treated plywood, a pair of folding banquet table legs. Put EMT tubing in the legs to make them a bit longer, used crutch tips with washers inside (so the EMT didn't cut them) so the tubing wouldn't pack with dirt. Pretty durn stable and it folds away less than 3" thick.

Sturdy enough to hit rocks at 1,000 yds with a bipod and rear bag.

I've built over a half dozen benches and for the time and effort it's still pretty hard to beat the Legacy benches.

They do look stout. But I'm a cheap a.. and the ones that I built over 10 years ago are still going strong. IIRC I built 2 for less than $100 and less than 2 hours time, including getting the materials.

Buy one 4x8 sheet of 3/4" treated plywood. Buy 2 sets of folding banquet legs from Harbor Freight. Cut out plywood. Cut leftover scrap into four 3" or 4" squares. Screw one set of legs on the bottom, screw 2 pieces of scrap on the bottom, then screw the other set of legs to that. Doing that, they will both fold flat. pound the EMT tubing into the banquet table legs to get the height you want, cap with crutch tips.

Stukey's Sturdy Shooting Benches
http://www.shootingbenches.com

I've had mine for over ten years and have used it on prairie dog hunts, long range shooting, load development, teaching kids to shoot, etc. It's a very well made and stable shooting bench. It's not the lightest one out there, but it's the most stable one I've shot from.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.