Pop up blind

806guns

Hey everyone im looking at pop up blinds for deer hunting this year. I have a blind i built and love it. But trying out a new spot this year. Im in the texas panhandle and they are saying a cold and wet winter. Whats everyones favorite pop ups ? I have a mr buddy heater to help in the cold. Definitely want to stay under $200. Will need to be big enough for two adults.

Hey everyone im looking at pop up blinds for deer hunting this year. I have a blind i built and love it. But trying out a new spot this year. Im in the texas panhandle and they are saying a cold and wet winter. Whats everyones favorite pop ups ? I have a mr buddy heater to help in the cold. Definitely want to stay under $200. Will need to be big enough for two adults.
Rhino for the money. David

Rhino 150 is 110 on Amazon
1000006017.jpg

Must have a bottom in seeing these dont have a bottom

Bottom:

I'm dead serious too. 3mil plastic is going to be better than any poly that's sewn to the bottom of a blind, easier to replace, and less of a hassle to deal with.

I have a Rhino pop up also, IMO bags are better than any tent floor or footprint I've used when the ground actually has water in it.

Also, if you're planning on sitting on the ground, DON'T:
https://www.amazon.com/DEERFAMY-Folding-Camping-Portable-Slacker/dp/B095NW8KLQ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=38ZWQGAOINC0K&keywords=folding+3+leg+camping+stool&qid=1697679928&sprefix=folding+3+leg+campoing+stool%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-5

Not comfortable compared to any real seat, but I've done the whole sitting on the ground BS and it's miserable.

Ordered a Rhino 150 and it came today. Going to test it out this weekend. Thanks for the info on using bags for flooring. We have chairs we will use. Will give an update after a hunt.

If you're ever over in North Texas look up HB Hunting Products in Argyle, they make a skid blind that's pretty easy to get around. IMO easier to deal with than my brother's duck blind in Arkansas by a long shot. They're even Aggies, if you're into that. As an unreformed Classless Clown of a Red Raider I'll say they took all the shots easily 🤣

If you're ever over in North Texas look up HB Hunting Products in Argyle, they make a skid blind that's pretty easy to get around. IMO easier to deal with than my brother's duck blind in Arkansas by a long shot. They're even Aggies, if you're into that. As an unreformed Classless Clown of a Red Raider I'll say they took all the shots easily 🤣
Haha im in the panhandle, no aggies here.....

Bottom:

I'm dead serious too. 3mil plastic is going to be better than any poly that's sewn to the bottom of a blind, easier to replace, and less of a hassle to deal with.

I have a Rhino pop up also, IMO bags are better than any tent floor or footprint I've used when the ground actually has water in it.

Also, if you're planning on sitting on the ground, DON'T:
https://www.amazon.com/DEERFAMY-Folding-Camping-Portable-Slacker/dp/B095NW8KLQ/ref=sr_1_5?crid=38ZWQGAOINC0K&keywords=folding+3+leg+camping+stool&qid=1697679928&sprefix=folding+3+leg+campoing+stool%2Caps%2C99&sr=8-5

Not comfortable compared to any real seat, but I've done the whole sitting on the ground BS and it's miserable.
These stools https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-...vfyNYdFuUy6EZpuqVVdO8XMNUaxnVgiRoC550QAvD_BwE
have become my go-to for hunting. I have to have a backrest for sitting for any duration, and these are small and lightweight to carry but comfy to sit in. Also nice if you archery hunt, as the triangle shape lets you get your knees out of the way of the bow.

These stools https://www.sportsmans.com/hunting-...vfyNYdFuUy6EZpuqVVdO8XMNUaxnVgiRoC550QAvD_BwE
have become my go-to for hunting. I have to have a backrest for sitting for any duration, and these are small and lightweight to carry but comfy to sit in. Also nice if you archery hunt, as the triangle shape lets you get your knees out of the way of the bow.
I understand your comment when bow hunting, but these triangular stools are rough on certain male body parts when sitting for periods of time. I threw mine in the garbage after one sit in a blind.

I understand your comment when bow hunting, but these triangular stools are rough on certain male body parts when sitting for periods of time. I threw mine in the garbage after one sit in a blind.
Lol it might depend on body shape. I've had mine for years and never had an issue, just gotta make sure things are flopped in the right spot.