POLL: Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

Preferred Combination of Turrets and Reticle?

• MOA Turrets and MOA Reticle

• MIL Turrets and MIL Reticle

• Mil Dot Reticle with MOA Turrets

• MOA Reticle with MIL Turrets

Results are only viewable after voting.
Would you rather have a long range scope with:
  • MOA Turrets and MOA reticle
  • MIL Turrets and MIL reticle
  • Mil Dot Reticle with MOA turrets
  • MOA Reticle with MIL turrets
PLEASE ENTER YOUR ANSWER IN THE POLL
mil/mil suit my needs.

Wow, 19 pages. People seem to have an opinion.

Mil/Mil here. I keep walking away from good Leopold and Nightforce scopes because they mostly have an aversion to mils. Personally, I wish the entire industry would decide what the heck is the better system and stick with it.

Would you rather have a long range scope with:
  • MOA Turrets and MOA reticle
  • MIL Turrets and MIL reticle
  • Mil Dot Reticle with MOA turrets
  • MOA Reticle with MIL turrets
PLEASE ENTER YOUR ANSWER IN THE POLL
moa/moa

For a reticle I prefer Mil, and in those I prefer the hash types such as The Nightforce or Vortex offerings. As to turrets I prefer the same turret/reticle combination. I am in no way adverse to a Mil reticle with MOA turrets(the combo on my NXS5.5-22x50) as it just comes down to knowing how many clicks to get 1mil. With moa turrets you actually get finer adjustments compared to Mil, 1/10Mil vs 1/16Mil(approx)but that's only important if you're using the scope for dual tactical/varmint. More importantly is to know(memorize)how many clicks it takes to achieve an udjustment of bullet impact based on what you're seeing through the reticle. The one way I absolutely cannot see going is in reverse, having a MOA reticle and Mil turrets, that makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Moa for me..... if i'm off on a target it's easier for me to convert inches to moa......

I think a group of buddy's should all have the same. Makes it easier for all to call shots and such.

My one buddy just went to mil cuz that's all everybody is talking about at the stations so i can see why he switched.

Hunting crowd moa.....prs crowd mills

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.