Point Blank From Long Range 2

Thank You, and were gonna do our best.
wink.gif

Hello Butch

"You Dahh Man" keep them coming.

Maybe the next one will have a segment in "Cameron" county ( I know a great spot) and possibly Williamsport at a match to show how to safely "BEGIN" Longrange shooting and what's envolved and also cover in depth safety issues???? I have not seen #2 yet and you may have already covered safety?

Anyway, your doing great and knew it would be a hit after Point Blank #1.

Later
smile.gif
wink.gif

Hey Darryl,
How the heck ya been? I know Busy. We will do a seg in Cameron Co. as soon as you plant some deer. I know they're pretty thin up your way. (To many accurate rifles in Cam. Co.) LOL Can't wait till ya see no.2 its a hoot. We have alot of the same ideas but I have to space things out , its never ending with the things that can be covered. I have a lot of footage from the club but haven't used it as of yet. We'll work it in somewhere.
P.S. Had very good splash at 2k with 300 SMK. this year. No problem.
grin.gif

We'll do that Cam. Co. thing. You let me know.
shocked.gif

Butch

Been fine and hope you have too.

Even to just show the splash of the bullet impact on a rock and the repeatability and power of these "accurate" LR rifles at excessive range (1500 to 2000 yards) would be interesting to many who have NEVER even seen it done at all. Don't even have to have an animal for that.
Just a thought.

With the deer killed off up here because of the accurate guns brought in, rocks look real good some days.
wink.gif
grin.gif

I mentioned to Boyd, when this ice gets off my road over at the shooting area, you boys will have to come up and do some rock busting with me.
I'm getting cabin fever real bad and can't get into my spot without chains on. It's a dangerous situation in the mountain right now.

Later

Butch
Just got home and the videos have arrived.
grin.gif

Gonna warm up some hot wings and beer and be amazed. Gonna be a long night!!!!!
grin.gif

Thanks a bunch

Darryl,
I agree a splash at that range would be interesting. Talkin about cabin fever I am just totally SICK of this weather.
mad.gif
I have been takin the family out for supper a couple times a week just to get out of the house. Even the mall is starting to look good to me.
shocked.gif

I did have fun at the shows this year, kinda broke things up a bit.
I'm gonna try to make the work shoot with Boyd, it will probably be the only "match" shooting I'll have time to get in again this year.
Let us know when your gonna shoot up there and we'll be sure to attend. Thanks for the offer. We'll be leaving for Texas on Mar. 30th. Probably be gone for a week. Gonna SLAM some Hogs.(4 legged version)
grin.gif
Long Range ofcourse. P.S.( 2 legged version would be a short range only deal.)LOL
frown.gif

Excellent service, shipped well packed and promtly. Even refunded excess postage. And the films are awesome, really enjoyed watching them. Keep up the good work.

Russ

I went to the show in Harrisburg. I stopped by the Hart booth and bought a copy of the tape. My freinds and I have seen it now for the tenth time. Can't wait for up and comming tapes. My buddie that I work with is having a 30 Hart built. For the people who don't think this is hunting. It takes decipline and homework to shoot deer out at 750+yds. These are not a bunch of guys with their father's '06 taking Kentucky windage shots at deer. They know what they are doing.Its a science! Great tape. I should of bought two,this one is already showing signs of wear.

What kind of velocity are you guys geting with that 338-378 weatherby with the 40 inch barrel?

TH,
I am getting 3076fps with 40" Barrel 300grn SMK. I am getting more than that with a 30" barrel, but each gun is an individual, some will run hotter than others.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.