bryanfields

Hi, I'd like to get a 300 prc with the following criteria:
6.5 lbs or less
Mag length of 3.8"
Cost around $2,000, maybe up to $2,500.
Reputation for good accuracy.
What would you suggest? Thanks!
Bryan

Seekins Element, but you may need to shop for a deal as it comes in around $2795:

Long Actions: Barrel length 22", 3 round carbon fiber detachable magazine
  • 300 PRC / 1:10 twist
  • Specs:
    ○ Weight: LA 6.0lbs
    ○ Barrel: Mountain Hunter, spiral fluted 5R 416 stainless steel
    ○ Trigger: Trigger User-adjustable, 2.5lb – 5lb.
    ○ Color: Element Camo
    ○ Finish: Anodized armorer black action, bead blasted barrel
    ○ Stock: Seekins Carbon Composite Stock
    ○ Threaded Muzzle: 5/8 x 24
    ○ Integrated recoil lug, 20 MOA rail, and bubble level
    ○ M16 style extractor
    ○ 4 locking lugs, 90-degree bolt throw
    ○ Removable bolt head (Magnum or Standard)
    ○ Extended cartridge overall length (COAL) allowing up to 3.14" in 6.5 PRC, and 3.9" in 28 Nosler, .300 Win Mag, and 300 PRC.
I have a Seekins PH2 in 300 prc that is great; it weights around 7.2 pounds and msrp is around $1895

Seekins Element, but you may need to shop for a deal as it comes in around $2795:

Long Actions: Barrel length 22", 3 round carbon fiber detachable magazine
  • 300 PRC / 1:10 twist
  • Specs:
    ○ Weight: LA 6.0lbs
    ○ Barrel: Mountain Hunter, spiral fluted 5R 416 stainless steel
    ○ Trigger: Trigger User-adjustable, 2.5lb – 5lb.
    ○ Color: Element Camo
    ○ Finish: Anodized armorer black action, bead blasted barrel
    ○ Stock: Seekins Carbon Composite Stock
    ○ Threaded Muzzle: 5/8 x 24
    ○ Integrated recoil lug, 20 MOA rail, and bubble level
    ○ M16 style extractor
    ○ 4 locking lugs, 90-degree bolt throw
    ○ Removable bolt head (Magnum or Standard)
    ○ Extended cartridge overall length (COAL) allowing up to 3.14" in 6.5 PRC, and 3.9" in 28 Nosler, .300 Win Mag, and 300 PRC.
I have a Seekins PH2 in 300 prc that is great; it weights around 7.2 pounds and msrp is around $1895
Thanks so much! I think the 10 twist would stabilize heavier bullets at my altitude so that would be a fantastic choice!

Bryan, My notes indicate a mag length of 3.69" for my Browning X-Bolt Pro in 300 PRC. I think my number is conservative and the max length could be a bit more and there may also be the possibility of trimming and modifying for longer. I'm getter really good results with COAL of 3.62" to 3.67 with the 199gr Hammer Hunter so I did not look about going longer. I'd measure the mag again for you but my rifle is just packed and loaded in the car for my trip to Montana tomorrow. The Pro is a little less expensive (about $2100) than the "Mountain Pro" and it has the straight skipped fluting which I preferred over the spiral fluting. Same carbon stock by McMillian without the paint job.

Bryan, My notes indicate a mag length of 3.69" for my Browning X-Bolt Pro in 300 PRC. I think my number is conservative and the max length could be a bit more and there may also be the possibility of trimming and modifying for longer. I'm getter really good results with COAL of 3.62" to 3.67 with the 199gr Hammer Hunter so I did not look about going longer. I'd measure the mag again for you but my rifle is just packed and loaded in the car for my trip to Montana tomorrow. The Pro is a little less expensive (about $2100) than the "Mountain Pro" and it has the straight skipped fluting which I preferred over the spiral fluting. Same carbon stock by McMillian without the paint job.
Thanks so much David. This is super helpful.

I mounted a scope on one of my Son's buddies about a month ago on the Seeking 'S 7prc
And that rifle is very comfortable and is a tac driver. Even with it being on the physically light wt. Side (which I love). Also, don't remember what break he had on it but recoil was less than my 6.5 cm.
This will be my next rifle purchase.

Hi, I'd like to get a 300 prc with the following criteria:
6.5 lbs or less
Mag length of 3.8"
Cost around $2,000, maybe up to $2,500.
Reputation for good accuracy.
What would you suggest? Thanks!
Bryan
Your 3.8" mag length criterion is your biggest challenge. Most factory rifles will be around the SAAMI spec; you might have to go custom/semi-custom.

1700239865580.png

The COAL that @David_h noted is no slouch and an excellent compromise, but that's just me.

At a $2500 budget, depending on your choices of components, you are close to a full/semi-custom build.

https://www.kelbly.com/atlas-lite/ affords you a 3.850" mag length—just something to ponder. Good luck!

Attachments

• 1700239716513.png
    1700239716513.png
    44.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
This is easy. Go to the back of a Scheels gun area and they have their used rifles. There are tons of Christensen Arms rifles lining the wall. Look for a 300 PRC and make an offer.
Unfortunately CA mag lengths are well under 3.8. Look like they'd be a great pick otherwise.

I forgot to mention that the 199HH bullet touches the lands in my chamber at a COAL of 3.68" so the x-bolt mag length of 3.69" is more than I can use with that bullet. I have to assume that this distance to lands (for this bullet) will be the same for all SAAMI spec factory rifles. Maybe badlands precision or cutting edge bullets could need more mag length but I'm guessing most bullets will touch lands before you run out of mag length. Let us know what you find.