Some advice on replacement stock selection, please.

I have had nice shooting rifles that got even better using Richard's Microfit stocks. Laminates are really cheap (usually less than $200) and you will need to bed the action, free float the barrel and finish the stock. Well worth it to me.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 76
Thanks to all for the replies. Have alot to consider.

Thanks for the link to the stock, unfortunately I didn't check back soon enough to capitalize. I'm asking of a similar stock is DBM compatible so thanks for the suggestion.

Lastly can you buy a BDL stock and then simply convert it to a DBM for a M700?
I kinda think not.

I've got a prairie hunter (from Boyd's) on my lh 7mmstw (my boy has one on his Ruger American 6.5 creed too) and the rifle weighs 10# flat with a 24x Vortex viper on top in 30mm steel rings and a 27" #5 contour Shilen in front. It isn't any heavier than the walnut that was on the rifle in its last incantation. I am not flat bedded, but have felt bedded the barrel channel and properly relieved the stock for the thick recoil lug and Timney trigger. Boyds is a good stock; I'll likely buy more as needed.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.