Playing with the Ec tuner

Do a search on tuner made by limbsaver. They have two sizes, one for sporter barrels and the other for bull barrels. I move them to the rear almost touching the forearm, then move them out 1/4-1/2" at a time, and fire two shot groups to tune. They run around $10

Most will never ever accept the concept of tuning a barrel. I have had half a dozen browning BAR's and A bolts with them on that shot like $4500 rifles. People saw me shooting the tiny groups, they still did not want one!

New idea's are very slowly accepted.
Tuner brakes are not " new ". They have been around over 20yrs that I know of, I'm not sure when the first one was put on a production rifle though. You're right about most ppl will never accept the concept of " tuning a barrel " bc many can't understand what harmonics are, how they work, how they can be " tuned ", how that applies to shooting or a rifle barrel. Then most will find it " too complicated " to correctly & accurately use the tuner brake. I saw that myself when I had 2 rifles with them. I'm just **** glad that I got to have 2 rifles with them & was able to learn how to use them very well & didn't find it really complicated. ALL my hunting & shooting buddies were impressed with the precision shooting my factory rifles with factory ammo were getting, as well as blown away at the amount of recoil reduction from them. Yet not one of them bought a rifle with a BOSS brake on it. Its their loss. I know a cpl guys that are using tuner brakes on their smokeless muzzleloader rifles now.

Tuner brakes are not " new ". They have been around over 20yrs that I know of, I'm not sure when the first one was put on a production rifle though. You're right about most ppl will never accept the concept of " tuning a barrel " bc many can't understand what harmonics are, how they work, how they can be " tuned ", how that applies to shooting or a rifle barrel. Then most will find it " too complicated " to correctly & accurately use the tuner brake. I saw that myself when I had 2 rifles with them. I'm just **** glad that I got to have 2 rifles with them & was able to learn how to use them very well & didn't find it really complicated. ALL my hunting & shooting buddies were impressed with the precision shooting my factory rifles with factory ammo were getting, as well as blown away at the amount of recoil reduction from them. Yet not one of them bought a rifle with a BOSS brake on it. Its their loss. I know a cpl guys that are using tuner brakes on their smokeless muzzleloader rifles now.
Yep! I played with the BOSS and Limbsavers when they first came out.

Mike Ezel may make the most advanced tuner on the market. I dialed my 6 XC, 6 Dasher, and 6 BRX to shooting in the zero's and 1's, best shooting I have ever done in my life! I have a RAS Tuner/Brake on another 6 XC, and it also shoots in the zero's and 1's. It really makes you stand up and shout when you are shooting 3/8" at 300 yards in good conditions.

I want to put a EC tuner on a new 280 AI.

Years ago, I was shooting thousands of p. dogs a year, and went to unturned blanks to reduce recoil. I made a SS collar that was 1/2" in thickness and put it on the barrel with three opposing nylon-tipped set screws. The collar would slide up and down on the barrel with only .002-.003 clearance. I could make slight adjustments and groups would open up or close up. I started off with the collar just in front of the forearm tip, and started working out, never having to go too far out...most of the time. '

An engineer friend was hunting dogs with me, saw the collar on the barrelS, he went and patented the Browning boss system. He was Rockwells' #1 engineer. He also invented the 17 hmr after being involved with the development of the Federal Gold medal match ammo, and building the 22 RF Olympic rifles that whooped the Russians!

I have never got into the physics of the harmonics, I just screw them to the rear, and start shooting two shot groups. I never make over two graduations at a time adjustments, shooting two shot groups. There are always more than one setting that will shoot small groups, but you want the setting with the widest spread over 4-6 graduations. That is as far as I get in the tuner technology, they just work, simple and quick the vast majority of the time.

Guys really screw up when they start adjusting half a revolution at a time on the tuner, and this leads to much frustration.