Place to shoot in N Texas?

lobo6942

My favorite 500 yard range in N Texas was forced to close early this year. My STWs and a couple of other rifles are crying for something long again. They are tired of little holes at 100 yards.

Anyone know a decent range of 500 + in north Texas, within an hour or so of Dallas area, that does not require a $1000 + membership fee?

That's money that can go into my next build!! gun)

Thanks,
Max

I hope it wasn't the one in Gainsville? There was also one in Pilot Point area. Both had about 600 yard ranges. I have not been to either in a long time. What one closed?

It was Top Gun up near Leonard off HWY 78. Nice set up and good people.
$20 bucks to shoot, no membership fee.
Hated to see it close. I have not been able to find another in the area.
Do you remember the names of the ones near Pilot Point or Gainsville?

Jacob's Gun Club Greenville, Tx 903-455-2264
Big Boar Tactical Pilot Point, Tx 972- 787-9978
It was Greenville not Gainsville. I haven't been to a range since a friend moved. If you would like a spotter PM me.

Give this outfit a looksee. They are right in your neighborhood.

About Us

I have a buddy with a 500yds silhouette range set up and enough room behind it to set targets out as far as you can shoot but he's over near Abilene. His range is run in conjunction with his gunsmith/building business Jandal Precision Rifles.

JandalPrecision.Com - Right On Target - with Craftmanship, Price and Service - Custom Rifles, Firearms Accessories, and Firearms Training

Is that the new thousand yard range just north of Winters? I live in Winters, and I've been dying to check that place out. I just can't get away from work long enough to shoot.

Is that the new thousand yard range just north of Winters? I live in Winters, and I've been dying to check that place out. I just can't get away from work long enough to shoot.
He's been there for several years. They also have the WindMill Animal Clinic in Abilene.

Dale's an awfully good guy and an excellent gunsmith as well as a very serious hunter and shooter.

If that's his range, they just put up a sign at the entrance, and built some berms and shooting bench. I never knew about it before.

That's good to know. I'll have to give him a call.

If that's his range, they just put up a sign at the entrance, and built some berms and shooting bench. I never knew about it before.

That's good to know. I'll have to give him a call.
May be a different place. Dale's had the range behind the gun shop for several years. He did some work on a couple of my rifles before I went to Africa and I shot his silhouettes out to 550 to verify zero and drops as I was going to fly out the next day.

Give him a call either way, he'll be a good contact for you.

That would be alright. I can hardly get a day off of work right now, but when I have the time, I've got to run my STW at some longer ranges and see what my new loads will do.

That would be alright. I can hardly get a day off of work right now, but when I have the time, I've got to run my STW at some longer ranges and see what my new loads will do.
I just got in 150 of the experimental Peregrine VLR's in 7mm in so I'll be doing the same thing over the next week or two. If I can get them shooting right in a couple of my STW's it'll just give me an excuse to go see Dale. He's got one I need to pick up as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.