Piston operated AR's?

Another thumbs up for adams arms. I have two 16 inch 556 uppers that have run perfectly without issue. I have a 2x15 scope on one and an aim point pro on the other. I run them with and without suppressors and have found the 3 position gas block to be just fine with a variety of ammo. I thought about machining extra detents in the gas block to add 2 additional gas settings but it has been unnecessary so far. Mine both are original and shoot moa or better depending on quality of ammunition.

i dont know if anyone mentioned but ruger has a piston AR. a buddy of mine has one. it's a little heavy on the front end, but it helps with recoil. probably the most affordable complete piston gun out there unless you get the adams arms kit.
I am surprised that there is almost no mention of the Ruger SR556. I have one and I absolutely love it. I had a couple of DI ARs and sold them because I had a few reliability issues. I have not had a single problem with the Ruger. It is a very well built gun and very easy to clean and maintain.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts